PDA

View Full Version : Tuner set-up for motorised single LNB

andybodiam
06-10-13, 14:55
I have a question regarding the best way to set up the tuners when there is only one lnb in. I have set tuner A as simple and am using USALS to control the motorised dish. So far so good. In the menu I have set Tuner B as loopthru to Tuner A.

Now forgive my old age if I have this wrong, but if I start to record one channel I should be able to watch a diferent channel from the same satellite but a different transponder, using the second tuner. I know that polarisation will affect which channels are available.

I did consider just looping LNB 1 output to LNB 2 input, so all advice gratefuuly recieved.

As a tangent, what is considered to be the best image for this box??

Many thanks in advance

Andy

abu baniaz
06-10-13, 15:09
Welcome to the forum.

The twin has hardware loop out instead of just software. So best to use a cable. This should give you the same quadrant and not just TP. I've made a couple oif errors on this, so wait for confirmation.

With regards to image, try them and use the one you like the most. You can make a full image backup (barring initial splash screen) and restore very quickly.

Rob van der Does
06-10-13, 15:18
Correct: looping through will allow the second tuner to tune to all transponders in the same 'quadrant'(i.e. Hor/Vert - Hi/Low-band). And if a LNB-out is present always use that.

andybodiam
07-10-13, 09:29
Correct: looping through will allow the second tuner to tune to all transponders in the same 'quadrant'(i.e. Hor/Vert - Hi/Low-band). And if a LNB-out is present always use that.

Thanks guys for the info, I assume that in the menus Tuner B should be set up "same as Tuner A"

Cheers

Rob van der Does
07-10-13, 10:53
Thanks guys for the info, I assume that in the menus Tuner B should be set up "same as Tuner A"

If tuner B also has his own motor: yes.
But I thought you had only one motorised dish :confused:

andybodiam
07-10-13, 18:08
If tuner B also has his own motor: yes.
But I thought you had only one motorised dish :confused:

It's me that confused it seems, I assumed that since both tuners would be looking at the same platform that the tuners would be the same. I assume that only one tuner would/should control the motor.

So what is "the best" way to set the tuners up?

Thanks

Andy

Rob van der Does
07-10-13, 18:23
'Same as' literally means that. And as the motor is connected to one tuner and not to the other, both configs are definitely NOT the same. So 'Same as' would assume tuner B to have the same setup as tuner A, i.e. a motor it can command.

So tuner A must be set to USALS as you had, and tuner B to 'Loopthrough' as that is what you do.

andybodiam
09-10-13, 18:32
'Same as' literally means that. And as the motor is connected to one tuner and not to the other, both configs are definitely NOT the same. So 'Same as' would assume tuner B to have the same setup as tuner A, i.e. a motor it can command.

So tuner A must be set to USALS as you had, and tuner B to 'Loopthrough' as that is what you do.

Thanks for the update. These boxes have so many options that it is easy to get confused. Not been able to do this yet, but will get to it over the weekend

Once again thank you very much

Andy