PDA

View Full Version : Duo2 - Internal Loop through - 4 Tuners

bwelton
06-10-13, 13:34
Hi,

I am thinking about getting a Duo2 as an upgrade to my Solo2.

I have a couple of questions:

1) I want to have 2 x Double tuners. What would be the maximum simultaneous recordings possible with the config ?

2) My dish is pointing at: 28.2E Eurelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2F. I have 2 x coax feeds from the dish to this room and then coax feeds to other rooms to distribute all 8 from the dish. I would like to maintain the others to other rooms so want to know if I can use just the current 2 coax feeds to this room and operate Internal Loop through on each tuner card without any problems ?

Thx

Rob van der Does
06-10-13, 13:56
ad 1: no sensible answer can be given to that. The only thing you can say is that each tuner can record the services on one transponder (if the dish-setup allows for that).
ad 2: not clear what your setup is. What kind of LNB's do you have? Single/twin/......?
Anyway: loopthrough minimizes the functionality of the looped through tuner, as it can only receive transponders that are on the same 'quadrant' as the looping through tuner is tuned to.

bwelton
06-10-13, 15:46
Hi,

I have an Octo LNB on my original Sky dish with 2 coax feeds coming in to the receiver in that room.

Based at the Satellite that I'm pointing at and being in the UK, would that help clarify further what the answers to the questions would be.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rob van der Does
06-10-13, 15:53
OK, so the DUO2 will have two independant feeds.
So one should go to tuner A and the other to tuner C (both the upper tuners of the dual tuner cards). Both tuner A & C must be configured the same way (i.e. satellite 28.2E)
The configuration of the tuner B should be 'loopthrough to tuner A' and tuner D should be set to 'Loopthrough to tuner C'.

Tuner B will only be able to tune to transponders that are on the same quadrant as tuner A is tuned to.
Tuner D will only be able to tune to transponders that are on the same quadrant as tuner C is tuned to.

bwelton
07-10-13, 20:07
One more question.

If the Duo2 is recording multiple channels (up to 16 I read, assuming they are on the same 4 transponders), can you really see a preview screen of all channels as pictured on the Vu+ Duo2 website: middle of page under Recording up to 16 channels (http://vuplus.com/productDuo2.html) <-- Here... or is that picture just a marketing visual ?

Thx

Larry-G
07-10-13, 20:25
One more question.

If the Duo2 is recording multiple channels (up to 16 I read, assuming they are on the same 4 transponders), can you really see a preview screen of all channels as pictured on the Vu+ Duo2 website: middle of page under Recording up to 16 channels (http://vuplus.com/productDuo2.html) <-- Here... or is that picture just a marketing visual ?

Thx

No that just shows that under the very best possible conditions you may be able to record upto 16 channels simultaneously.

That's likely not something you will ever want to or be able to do.

You also can not view previews of the channels except when in the EPG but you can still select any channel thats recording and watch it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

cactikid
07-10-13, 22:20
16 recordinds at once has the future got here that fast,thinking you are going to need mega tb hdd for recordings:eek::confused: