PDA

View Full Version : Av settings

bowler
05-10-13, 16:03
Hi all bit of a newb with the solo2, but have it set up with motorised dish with 8 sats working well but when trying to play movies from my home network the Solo2 seems to ignore the 'Display >16:9 content as', I have it set to letterbox but. Most .Mkv movies seem to ignore this the odd one plays correctly. Changing the contents of this field in Setup>A/V settings seems to do nothing.

All these movies work fine on PC and on tv via mkv enabled bluray player. Any ideas?

Using the latest Vix image

Rob van der Does
05-10-13, 16:43
This is a bug in all VU's from day 1. You can probably correct this by temporarely choosing another ratio, apply and revert to the correct one.

bowler
05-10-13, 17:23
Thanks, however when using HDMI I have no option to change ratio, if I revert to scart I have the option but the whole image is overscanned but still seems to do nothing,so I think I may need to go back to the basic settings and adjust width/height but how do I get back there, even then I don't see how that will help HDMI.

Rob van der Does
05-10-13, 17:30
Thanks, however when using HDMI I have no option to change ratio,
Oh yes, you do.

bowler
05-10-13, 17:39
Where ?
I have:
Video Output HDMI
Mode 1080p
Refresh Rate 50hz
Display 4:3 Content Just scale
Display >16:9 Content as Letterbox
etc.

Rob van der Does
05-10-13, 19:03
Just toggle the display 4:3 to several values.

bowler
05-10-13, 20:53
Thanks for that, its very odd and very random and is obviously why I got it to work at one point last night. Is it likely to ever be fixed?

Rob van der Does
05-10-13, 20:58
Well, the DUO is out for 4 years I guess by now and this is a day1-bug so ........
If it happens often you can also see if the aspect-ratio plugin works for you. That has the same options as the 4:3 in A/V-setings, but is more easy to reach.

bowler
05-10-13, 22:29
Thanks that seems to help at least its a bit easier than going back through the setup menu each time.