PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] How do I setup my internal HDD to record like a TIVO box?

Montay
05-10-13, 11:45
I installed a 1TB internal HDD onto my box yesterday and would like to set my Solo2 up to record like a TIVO box. Are there any guides on how to do this with VIX?

Larry-G
05-10-13, 12:21
Never used a Tivo so can you elaborate on exactly what you want to do ?.

robti
05-10-13, 12:27
Take it they mean seies link so nearest to that would be autotimers, but not really sure on the in depth of how to set it up

Robert

Montay
05-10-13, 13:40
Series link would be nice but not a deal beaker.

Basically I want to be able to record two HD channels at the same time and if possible be able to watch something from the HDD while both tuners are recording.

Burnham
05-10-13, 14:03
You need an extra tuner to do what you want. In exceptional cases where the channels are on the same transponder you can record two channels at the same time with a single tuner, but this is very rare.

The Solo2 and Duo2 both have twin tuners. That means you can record two channels at the same time, but not view a third channel at the same time.

Not sure if either can accept an additional tuner to do what you want to do.

Montay
05-10-13, 14:43
I have a Solo2 wih two direct feeds. I'm happy with just recording two HD channels.

Anybody know howI could set my HDD up to record with Vix?

judge
05-10-13, 14:57
Series link would be nice but not a deal beaker.

Basically I want to be able to record two HD channels at the same time and if possible be able to watch something from the HDD while both tuners are recording.

Yes, that's easily possible if you have 2 feeds going to the box.

Montay
05-10-13, 15:09
Thanks. I have initilalised my HDD and formatted it to ext4. How do I set it up to record programs via the crossepg guide

judge
05-10-13, 15:13
Press the EPG button & then the help button to see how to use the EPG properly.

Montay
05-10-13, 15:31
Press the EPG button & then the help button to see how to use the EPG properly.

I've got crossEPG set up to /media/usb

I was thinking of setting the HDD up to record. IE setting the recording paths like /media/hdd/movie and that sort of thing

Montay
05-10-13, 15:47
Ok I went to Menu - Setup - System - recording settings and it was already set.

I adjusted the timeshift settings in the same location.

Now I'm recording two HD channels at the same time to see how that works. I think it's sorted for now

judge
05-10-13, 15:53
No need to adjust anything, the default settings should work just fine...

Montay
05-10-13, 17:29
Yeah it is set up by default. I recorded two HD channels and watched recorded content whilst the channels kept recording. No problem at all. I'm very impressed.