PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Newbie stuck on VIX install - no channels showing

Montay
03-10-13, 14:50
Hi all. I just received my Solo2 box today with VIX pre-installed. I set the box up with a wired ethernet connection and two seperate LNB leads for the dual tuner.

I have gone through the setup process. At tuner select. I select simple, single and 28.2e for both tuners.

Then I select 'automatic scan' and yes to clear before scan and yes to Scan Tuner A.

The box then scans about 500 channels and says scan completed, XXX channels found.

I click ok and it shows me the blue VIX wallpaper.

But there are no channels? The EPG list is empty. Pressing Channel + or - does nothing.

After a while I get a sign with a red cross saying 'Tune Failed'

What am I doing wrong and how do I get my channels to show?

Rob van der Does
03-10-13, 15:11
Open channel list and press blue --> Last scanned
That's where your channels are now.

Montay
03-10-13, 15:22
This is going to sound dumb but do i open the channel list by pressing EPG?

Larry-G
03-10-13, 15:30
if your only using the receive on sky uk you dont need to go through the process of scanning for channels, try setting up the inbuilt ABM plugin.

cosie
03-10-13, 15:39
Also when the scan has finished you should wait a further few mins before pressing ok,it says it's finished but if you wait it actually changes agan and says complete or done can't remember but I had this when I first started:)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Montay
03-10-13, 15:53
Thanks everyone. I had to press 'TV' then last scanned channels. Also I downloaded the Auto Bouquet addon which has helped out.

For some reason Channel5 HD isn't working. Is this a scrambled channel?

Larry-G
03-10-13, 16:05
Thanks everyone. I had to press 'TV' then last scanned channels. Also I downloaded the Auto Bouquet addon which has helped out.

For some reason Channel5 HD isn't working. Is this a scrambled channel?

it's known as a FTV ( free to view ) channel, meaning that while it's free you need a card to open it, this does not have to be a subscription just a old white sky card.

Montay
03-10-13, 16:50
And I just place this in the slot face down or do I need to download and activate anything?