PDA

View Full Version : picons not working on Metrix HD skin VU SOLO2

hackster3
03-10-13, 12:08
Hi guys,

A strange thing has happened to my box.

I removed the usb containing oscram transparent shd picons and since then my box will not show the large picon on channel info bar.

I have tried reflashing and redownoading the picons to both a newly mounted usb and to flash but I can only see picons in the bouquets channel list on not on info bar. I have flashed several different Vix images and im having the same issue on all of them.

I really cant work out whats going wrong here and like I said it was all working perfectly up until I removed the USB containing picons in the first place.

Please help me

Cheers guys

P.s. Sorry for the duplicate post mods please delete the other one in pico's. I realised that forum doesnt get much of a look in and Im tearing my hair out ere

TK4|2|1
03-10-13, 12:18
Weird thing with this skins is it only reads picons from HDD, is your USB set up to be used as HDD? If not create a folder on USB called Xpicons, and copy your picon folder into it.
Restart enigma and try that.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

duoduo
03-10-13, 12:24
what is the name of the path on your USB? I think with this skin your folder needs to be something like this Xpicons/picon/(and then your picons here). To be sure check the Metrix thread on this forum as I know this has been covered before. Have you formatted the USB to FAT32?

hackster3
03-10-13, 12:40
Thanks mate

Tried adding to Xpicons on USB and still no picos, not even in the bouquet list now..

:( any other ideas what might be going on here?

hackster3
03-10-13, 12:42
what is the name of the path on your USB? I think with this skin your folder needs to be something like this Xpicons/picon/(and then your picons here). To be sure check the Metrix thread on this forum as I know this has been covered before. Have you formatted the USB to FAT32?

The usb is mounted to /media/sda1

The picons have been tried on both the Flash root and usb root and also USB at /Xpicons/picon/(picon files)

The Usb is formatted to fat32

Mr. Mister
03-10-13, 13:15
Try mounting your usb as /media/hdd1

Then put your picon folder into that

hackster3
03-10-13, 17:09
Hi Mr Mister

Sorry to be a pain but how do I mount it as /media/hdd1 exactly ...

thanks m8y

Mr. Mister
03-10-13, 17:40
Blue button
Vix
Mount Manager
Green Button to set up mounts
Left / right arrow button to change the mount..
From memory.. Its then Green to save..

Your box will then reboot for changes to take effect..

AJT
03-10-13, 19:04
Hi guys,

A strange thing has happened to my box.

I removed the usb containing oscram transparent shd picons and since then my box will not show the large picon on channel info bar.

I have tried reflashing and redownoading the picons to both a newly mounted usb and to flash but I can only see picons in the bouquets channel list on not on info bar. I have flashed several different Vix images and im having the same issue on all of them.

I really cant work out whats going wrong here and like I said it was all working perfectly up until I removed the USB containing picons in the first place.

Please help me

Cheers guys

P.s. Sorry for the duplicate post mods please delete the other one in pico's. I realised that forum doesnt get much of a look in and Im tearing my hair out ere

save picons to flash there is plenty of room.

hackster3
03-10-13, 19:06
Thanks...

tried all the above and still no luck... any other ideas?

hackster3
03-10-13, 19:08
save picons to flash there is plenty of room.

I've tried saving to flash..

When I do this the picons are showing in the bouquet channel list but not on the big picon on channel info (when changing channels).

Cannot understand why!!??!!

Mr. Mister
03-10-13, 19:09
Do your picons work if your using Vix HD Night.. ??

hackster3
03-10-13, 19:12
Do your picons work if your using Vix HD Night.. ??

EDIT:

Yes Picons work in Vix NightHD skin.

Any ideas why they are not working in MetrixHD?

duoduo
03-10-13, 20:29
It's the skin mate, tricky one the metrixhd as Picons only fully work when on usb. I had exactly the same problem when I was using the skin, only certain screens showed the picon never got to the bottom of it. Best advice I can suggest is go on the skin thread and ask the developer for help with your issue

pr1s0m
03-10-13, 22:07
/media/hdd/XPicons/picon
/media/usb/XPicons/picon
/usr/share/enigma2/XPicons/picon
/usr/share/enigma2/picon
/media/usb/picon

These are the paths metrixhd looks for picons in

If placing on usb in usual picon folder make sure usb is mounted as usb NOT hdd

hackster3
04-10-13, 01:53
/media/hdd/XPicons/picon
/media/usb/XPicons/picon
/usr/share/enigma2/XPicons/picon
/usr/share/enigma2/picon
/media/usb/picon

These are the paths metrixhd looks for picons in

If placing on usb in usual picon folder make sure usb is mounted as usb NOT hdd

Many thanks guys for all your input.

Finally I sorted the problem by mounting the USB as above and NOT setting it up as HDD!

I now have picons on my favorite skin MetrixHD.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

hackster3
04-10-13, 01:54
Sorry duplicate post

judge
04-10-13, 01:58
If you had EPG saved to HDD, timeshift, recordings....
You will probably now need to change those settings too if you don't want your flash to fill up & crash the box...