PDA

View Full Version : picons on sdb not usb??

irishchris
21-10-10, 22:52
hi guys

i have tried to setup picons on my usb stick but when i try to map it it is showing up as sdb and not usb. and so picons are not showing?

any advice?

bjorntj
22-10-10, 12:02
Put the picons under /usr/share/enigma2/picon, then you don't need the usb stick... :)

BTJ

irishchris
22-10-10, 12:21
that would be in flash and use up resources i would rather not as do not want slowdown when i can use usb. i formatted my usb in fat32 instead of ext 3 in my pc and it recognised straight away and assigned to usb in vu+ this time. i do not wish to use it for recording as have hdd and so works perfect now for picons :)

bjorntj
22-10-10, 14:21
Ok... I find the the resources in flash on the VU+ Duo box is way more than I ever need so I don't see that problem... :)

BTJ

mmcmedia
22-10-10, 14:42
hi guys

i have tried to setup picons on my usb stick but when i try to map it it is showing up as sdb and not usb. and so picons are not showing?

any advice?

i put my picons from media/cf onto a usb memory stick yesterday as mine were on the hdd so everytime i changed channel it needed to get at the hdd
and all i done was formatted me stick added folder called picon to root then placed all picons in there plugged it in the back and telnet'd this command to box
ln -s /media/sdb1/picon /usr/share/enigma2
then deleted them from media/cf so it is sdb & not usb iam using vti 1.3 so might help by telling us wha image you have

irishchris
22-10-10, 15:20
i use only the best myself mate --- vix 1.1 :D solved it by formatting in pc but could have tried that telnet command as have read it on few forums today but all is good not as is removed from hdd and on usb. just editing new picons for the dvb-t channels on my box today :)