PDA

View Full Version : Setting up for a motorised dish

finko1672
01-10-13, 21:26
Does anyone know how to configure the tuners on a 2T OE for a motorised dish.I have one in my motorhome and want to just pick up Astra 2.

abu baniaz
01-10-13, 21:58
Get your co-ordinates from dishpointer.com. For the tuner that has the motorised dish, set it as below. Don't forget to change your values. If your latitude co-ordinates are negative, change to West. To keep things simple, set the other tuner that has nothing connected to it "not configured", although loop through will add to viewing options.

Rob van der Does
02-10-13, 05:26
Motorised dishes for mobile use tend to have a special configuration. Can you provide us some more details? And how (to what box or via what dedicated system) was it connected previously?

finko1672
02-10-13, 09:20
I use a twin LNB tracvision sat dome ,and a Telestar TD 1001 S MOBIL reciever.Once the Telestar reciever is turn on first the tracvision would find Astra 2 which would be any free to air .I used to connect a Sky reciever with a card to the other LNB and everything would work fine.

Rob van der Does
02-10-13, 11:30
OK so the antenna control is done by the Telestar, and once on Astra2 you have the second LNB connected to the Skybox/Technomate. Correct?
If so, the the antenna setup would be very simple: just configure tuner A as " 'Simple' Astra2 ". Tuner B can be configured as loopthrough from tuner A.
Do you really use the Telestar once the satellite has been found? If not, you could disconnect from that box, and connect the coax to tuner B of the Technomate (should then be configured the same way as Tuner A, not as loopthrough).

jordie
02-10-13, 12:23
sorry to jump on someone elses thread but can i ask you a question robin? i can start my own thread if need be.

i have a duo connected to a dual lnb on 28e fixed dish, i also have another motorised dish which im not using at the moment, what would be the best best options to connect them all if i set my motor back up? i did have it connected 28 to tuner 1 and motor to tuner 2 but had the lock problem that was mentioned on another thread which stopped me using the motor when recording?

finko1672
02-10-13, 21:58
Hi yeah, thats the way i tried it but it doesn't pick up on the sat signal,once you plug back in the Telestar it connects with the dish really quick then everything works.Thats way i asume there is a way to configure the tuners so they reckconise the sat on there own. Also then with both tuners on the Technomate connected to the sat and the tracvision is turned off there is no signal on tuner B?Any ideas :)

Rob van der Does
03-10-13, 03:59
1- How is the Telestar configured?
2- And is it the 'TracVision R4' or another model?
3- According to the manual you can switch off the power to the Tracvision once it has found the satellite. Do you do that? Does it make any difference for your issue if the power is on or off?

finko1672
03-10-13, 10:44
Yeah its a R4 and when its powered off the signal holds and the boxes work.Ive attached some photos of the Telstar configuration.The only thing is there still is no signal with the B tuner at all even when you swap the coxal cable from the Telestar to the Technomate after its working fine on the telestar. 291622916329163

Rob van der Does
03-10-13, 11:41
I've gone through the manuals (of the Telestar as well as the Technomate) and I can't think of anything you should do or might have forgotten.

Only thing is: in one of your screenshot's I noticed DiSEqC 1.0 to be active (although no port has been assigned). Why is that?

finko1672
03-10-13, 13:18
Not sure ,i think that it is what allows the dish to switch between 4 different satellites,maybe thats what needs to be active on the Technomate?

Rob van der Does
03-10-13, 13:45
Well, no harm in trying to set DiSEqC to active, but the question is: to which port? Is there another screen in your Technomate stating which ports are in use for which satellite?
Anyway, won't matter: once a DiSEqC-command has been issued, the switch will remain in that position until another command has been sent. But in your case dis-connecting the cable from the Technomate makes the second cable already loose the signal.

So I'm lost now: i have no more ideas about the setup.

Maybe apart from: who setup the Technomate? The retailer of the dish? If so, you might ask him.

finko1672
03-10-13, 21:47
Well i set it up myself,i have 2 of these boxes working great in the house.I guess ill just keep tring different settings and hopefully ill figure it out.thanks anyway.