PDA

View Full Version : EPG lost during power cuts ?

doeflax
30-09-13, 12:53
Hi all, just wondering, is it normal to lose the saved EPG list when I experience a power cut ?
Details : VU+ Duo, running Vix 3.0 build 735, EPG set to update daily to usb stick.
I currently have to reload the EPG manually when this happens.
Normal ? or not ?
doeflax

Larry-G
30-09-13, 13:14
Your EPG is held in live memory so when you have a power cut it ia not getting the chance to save it self to your chosen media. So yes that's normal.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
30-09-13, 14:36
If you experience powercuts in your area, using an UPS is worthwhile. I have all my electronics here on a number of them (so I even can go on watching telly during a power outage :) ). Powercuts are very very bad, and having to re-import the EPG is the least of your worries.

doeflax
30-09-13, 14:49
Thanx Pheonix. It's not often the power cuts happen (thankfully) but that's cleared that up, ta.

doeflax
30-09-13, 15:02
Thanx RvdD, I have a surge protector in place, but never heard of the UPS devices you refer to. Are these an inline device ? Do they need to be fitted to each individual piece of equipment used ? (I have 3 x stb's, 2 x wireless & 1 x wired).

Rob van der Does
30-09-13, 15:06
I use surge protectors as well. And here are some 5 STB's, several TV's and laptops, telephones etc etc all powered by a total of three UPS's. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninterruptible_power_supply

They are small and not intended to go on watching telly for hours, but sufficient for short outages (we have many of them here) and for decently shutting down devices if the outage is taking it's time.

doeflax
30-09-13, 15:26
ah, ok, more bedtime reading called for I think!
May need to touch base with you guys again shortly:)