PDA

View Full Version : Using my own paid for Sky card

bwj
29-09-13, 01:56
Hope this doesn't count as a card sharing issue and sorry if it's a noob question.

I've got my box Vu+ Solo 2 set up with OpenVix image and have installed enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk, plus an empty CCcam.cfg file.

Everything seems relatively easy so far - no major tantrums yet :smash:. Going to have a go at using my Sky+ paid for card tomorrow, and reasonably confident that I have followed the tutorials in regard to inserting my boxkey into the .cfg file.

More general question though is that I will still have a use for my Skybox. It's a DRX895 with 1.5TB HDD so I'm not going to discard it. I'll keep it primarily for the children's recordings etc. Obviously I need to keep the viewing card in the Skybox for it to be of any use for the children and I will use the Vu+ mainly for French tv. However is it possible to still use my settings to get my Sky subscription services in the Vu+ without the card being physically in the slot?

Stanman
29-09-13, 10:01
No, you need card in the VU.

You could pick up a cheap second E2 Box or even a Ferguson 202e or kids can watch on pc/laptop as long as you have two feeds and one is free. can also do do it on one feed but than it's box or comp not both.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

bwj
29-09-13, 10:31
thanks - thought that would be the case!

bwj
29-09-13, 12:14
Is it easy enough just to switch the cards between boxes as and when needed, without creating any issues re updating etc?

Stanman
29-09-13, 13:42
No, some report problems with using card in a VU after sky box. is running latest updates.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Burnham
29-09-13, 13:53
When you put your Ѕky card in the VU+ Solo you will get all the channels you have paid for, but only in SD.

You won't get any Ѕky premium HD channels in the Solo.

Sirius
29-09-13, 20:42
When you put your Ѕky card in the VU+ Solo you will get all the channels you have paid for, but only in SD.

You won't get any Ѕky premium HD channels in the Solo.

This is not true, I have a solo 2 and a full sly subscription including HD, and I get all the channels just fine.

duoduo
29-09-13, 20:48
When did you last put your card in your sky box to update and which version of sky box do you use? This will have an impact on what you will and will not be able to watch.

Sirius
29-09-13, 22:11
Yes this is true I believe have seen it on many forums that boxes with the new update are killing the premium channels for some people.

I personally "touch wood" have not had any problems like this yet, I have a DRX890 box and have not had my card in it for over 6 month, I'm using oscam + mgcam, oscam reads the card and updates my entitlements.

Burnham
30-09-13, 14:44
The OP has been using the card in the Ѕky box up to very recently. That's why I put up my post so the OP would not be confused about why the premium HD channels do not work in the VU+ box.

If anyone has been sensible enough to ensure the card has not been in a Ѕky box for six months they will not have this problem.

Sirius
30-09-13, 21:06
The OP has been using the card in the Ѕky box up to very recently. That's why I put up my post so the OP would not be confused about why the premium HD channels do not work in the VU+ box.

If anyone has been sensible enough to ensure the card has not been in a Ѕky box for six months they will not have this problem.

Yeah just hope it stays this way, knowing my luck there will come a time when it will stop working and I will have no choice but to put it back in my box :(

Larry-G
30-09-13, 22:15

Not quite.

Regardless of wether the card has been in a sky box or not it will eventually loose its entitlements forcing you to pair it again. This is happening nationwide rite now and has been for some time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

kevstar28
01-10-13, 00:20
Iv had no problems with mine. i put my card into the original sky box the other week and updated. mine still works fine in my vu duo2

Sirius
01-10-13, 10:08
Not quite.

Regardless of wether the card has been in a sky box or not it will eventually loose its entitlements forcing you to pair it again. This is happening nationwide rite now and has been for some time.

Hope not :(

Has anyone managed to get there card working again after repairing it in a box running the latest update??

Burnham
01-10-13, 16:39
The definitive thread on this subject is in the eurocаrdsharing forum, it's now about 60 pages long if anyone has the time to wade all the way through it.

If anyone puts their card in a current issue Ѕky HD box and it has no ill effects then they are lucky.

Entitlements will not be lost "eventually", despite what you read around the web. Entitlements are not the issue, the problem is a new pairing algorithm which is unknown.

I suppose in the end it will amount to the same, the new pairing method will eventually be rolled out to all cards which will have the same effect as loss of entitlements. Ѕky will have to replace a lot of old non-compliant boxes before they can do this, it might be months or years before it happens.

Sicilian
01-10-13, 17:49
Not quite.

Don't think anyone knows that for sure.

Larry-G
01-10-13, 17:57
Don't think anyone knows that for sure.

well i'll admit that i'm no expert on the subject of cams by any stretch of the imagination, but that said there are countless posts on forums by some very experienced users who have had their entitlements expire through no fault of their own and in those cases they have been forced to pair the card again. rite now it's any ones guess as to what the final outcome will be but i wont be loosing sleep over it either way.

Sirius
01-10-13, 21:19
well i'll admit that i'm no expert on the subject of cams by any stretch of the imagination, but that said there are countless posts on forums by some very experienced users who have had their entitlements expire through no fault of their own and in those cases they have been forced to pair the card again. rite now it's any ones guess as to what the final outcome will be but i wont be loosing sleep over it either way.

Neither will aye because if it comes to that and my card gets killed I certainly will not go back to using my bog standard sly box, I shall just order my self a sly italy card, or just watch everything in SD. :thumbsup:

Mr. Mister
01-10-13, 21:59
Neither will aye because if it comes to that and my card gets killed I certainly will not go back to using my bog standard sly box, I shall just order my self a sly italy card, or just watch everything in SD. :thumbsup:

I think most of us feel like this..

Mr. Mister
01-10-13, 23:05

I think most of us feel like this.. I certainly wont be subscribing to UK if it goes belly up..

Larry-G
01-10-13, 23:10
I think most of us feel like this..

I think most of us feel like this.. I certainly wont be subscribing to UK if it goes belly up..

And it was so good you had to quote the same post twice LOL.

Mr. Mister
01-10-13, 23:12
Thats what happens when you in the middle of doing something.. Then you have to leave lappy for half an hour.. and you go back and didnt realize that you had already posted.. lol

Burnham
02-10-13, 14:11
As I said earlier - it's all explained in that huge thread on another forum I referenced.

Those people that posted about lost entitlements were generally people who have not fully grasped the process. All the informed posts in that thread indicate that you will not lose entitlements on a paid up card, whether it is new paired or not.

To put this in technical terms, the EMMs are still coming through. The new problem (and I stress, only for cards that have been affected) is with ECMs.