PDA

View Full Version : quad looks for hdd when changing channels

richardinspain
28-09-13, 13:04
Hi
Small problem i know but a bit annoying
I have a external packard bell 1tb hdd connected to my quad..when i change channel my hdd kicks in and takes a few seconds to read the hdd then tunes to the channel i have changed to..i thought it might be looking for picons or epg on the hdd. i have my picons on internal flash and moved my epg.dat to a pen drive on media/sdb1..i have changed the path in epg settings to reflect this...Is the quad looking for anything else on the hdd before it changes channel?? I suppose it wouldn't be a problem if my external hard drive stayed on but it has a power save and switched off after 5 mins...using vix, build 743
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Larry-G
28-09-13, 13:14
The EPG is held in live memory so that would not be a factor if stored on the HDD as it is only read from or written to when the EPG is being downloaded / loaded for the first time. keeping the EPG on the HDD is the preferred location.

do you have any thing else set to use the HDD such as timeshift or debug logs activated ?.

richardinspain
28-09-13, 15:12
Hi Pheonix
My logs were set to root
and my time shift was set to hdd so i think that was the problem, have now set timeshift to a pendrive and seems to be ok
many thanks

Larry-G
28-09-13, 15:22
Yes timeshift would do it, if timeshift is not a feature you use just disable it.