PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Satellite Tuner Not working on DVB-S2 Tx

pgslegs
28-09-13, 10:00
I have a Gigablue Quad with the extra DVB-S2 and DVB-T/C tuners (bought from the sponsor)

I am running latest VIX 744 build.

The 3rd satellite tuner wont tune in DVB-S2 channels. It is set as equal to Tuner A. Tuner A and B work fine and cabling is fine (have swapped around and Tuner A and B always work)

It will tune in HD channels on DVB-S tuners like ITV HD

Has anyone else experienced this and is it a known bug.

I bought this box for the multi-tuner setup so without this working I am very disappointed.

Besides from this the Quad is a great unit.

All help appreciated

Rob van der Does
28-09-13, 11:41
'Equal to' is known to have issues on all E2-boxes. Please configure tuner 3 completely, reboot and see how you go from there.

If that doesn't help:
1- What does satfinder tell you on tuner 3 on a S2-transponder?
2- You could swap tuners 1 & 3 to see if the issue moves to tuner 1 (to make sure it it/isn't a tuner issue).

pgslegs
28-09-13, 12:00
'Equal to' is known to have issues on all E2-boxes. Please configure tuner 3 completely, reboot and see how you go from there.

If that doesn't help:
1- What does satfinder tell you on tuner 3 on a S2-transponder?
2- You could swap tuners 1 & 3 to see if the issue moves to tuner 1 (to make sure it it/isn't a tuner issue).

Thanks but I already tried that and it made no difference (scanning failed DVB-S2 channels) and note on Gigablue Quad the A/B tuners are fixed and C/D are modular so C is not swappable with A/B

Equal to works fine on A to B just not to C

Its a fixed dish and all three tuners are from same LNB

Satfinder shows no signal 0% SNR 0% AGC 0% BER on current channel a DVBS2 channel but locks fine on the Predefined DVB-S transponder 10714H for 28.2

My only thought here is that its either software drivers for VIX and the card or its a faulty card. If its software then surely I am not on my own?

Rob van der Does
28-09-13, 12:23
Yep, sorry, forgot about the fixed tuners. But you can still swap 3 & 4 to exclude a slot-issue.
But you did set up tuner 3 completely as well (so not 'equal to')?
And if you disable tuners 1 & 2, and only configure the swappable S2 tuner?

pgslegs
28-09-13, 14:48
Yep, sorry, forgot about the fixed tuners. But you can still swap 3 & 4 to exclude a slot-issue.
But you did set up tuner 3 completely as well (so not 'equal to')?
And if you disable tuners 1 & 2, and only configure the swappable S2 tuner?

Yes with tuners A and B disabled it still only works on DVB-S channels

I am going to contact the supplier and get a replacement card as it cant be slot. If it was the slot nothing would work

dwarf
29-09-13, 08:39
I had a similar issue with my quad, I have 2 plug in dvbs2 tuners though.

I swapped the tuners round in the slots to see if the fault followed the tuner or the slot. After I did that I tested both tuners and they both started working :rolleyes:

I can only assume that the card wasn't sitting in the slot quite right even though it looked like it was. I've had no fault since.

The cards are only secured in the slot with the screw in the back plate so I guess they could pull out. If my tuners ever do it again I'm going to get a bit of sticky foam to put on the underside of the lid of the box to help secure the tuners

Rob van der Does
29-09-13, 09:49
That's exactly why I suggested to swap them.

pgslegs
29-09-13, 12:27

I swapped the tuners round in the slots to see if the fault followed the tuner or the slot. After I did that I tested both tuners and they both started working :rolleyes:

I can only assume that the card wasn't sitting in the slot quite right even though it looked like it was. I've had no fault since.

The cards are only secured in the slot with the screw in the back plate so I guess they could pull out. If my tuners ever do it again I'm going to get a bit of sticky foam to put on the underside of the lid of the box to help secure the tuners

Thank you. This is helpful.

pgslegs
29-09-13, 13:00

Thanks very much!

Swapped the cards and Modular sat tuner works perfectly in D slot.

madaboutlotus
10-10-13, 10:29
I have a similar issue but with my additional DVD-T tuner fitted on order. The Tuner A & B will tune and record programs but when both are occupied, the Quad says it has no spare tuner left. Should this pick up the DVB-T tuner automatically or have I set the box up wrong (usually my problem). Any help would be appreciated.

madaboutlotus
11-10-13, 11:43
Anyone has a suggestion

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

dwarf
11-10-13, 13:06
Are you picking a channel thats on a freeview frequency rather than a channel from a satellite when both built in tuners are occupied?

I'm not sure how the dvb-t tuners are set up as I've never really seen the point in them.

madaboutlotus
11-10-13, 13:44
Are you picking a channel thats on a freeview frequency rather than a channel from a satellite when both built in tuners are occupied?

I'm not sure how the dvb-t tuners are set up as I've never really seen the point in them.

I cannot see any channels when both the DVB-S tuners are busy, I just get 'No free tuner'
I only got the DVB-T tuner fitted when the Quad come on to the market as there was no plug-in DVB-S tuner available.

richardinspain
11-10-13, 13:59
I have just tested mine, quad with 2 built in sat tuners and a dvbt tuner
Recording sky on tuner 1, recording nilesat on tuner 2 and watching a spanish channel on dvbt, also can record dvbt too , so recording all three at once

madaboutlotus
11-10-13, 14:08
Ok, then there has got to be a setup problem. Can you advise how you tuners are set up and then I can check mine.

richardinspain
11-10-13, 14:18
I have
Tuner A BCM7356 dvbs2 internal single....28.2e
Tuner B BCM7356 dvbs2 internal Single....7.w
Tuner c Giga dvb c/t nim , switchable tuner types dvb t,dvb-c enabled..terrestrial provider, europe, middle east, africa dvt frequencies, 5v for active antenna=off

madaboutlotus
11-10-13, 14:54
Thanks, I have both my dvb-s tuners on 28.2 as I have a fixed dish, so I wonder if it is a different setup. Will have another check when I get home. Do you have to select each tuner individually?

stanley1
11-10-13, 15:03
Are you sure tuner is seated properly.

richardinspain
11-10-13, 15:04
Yes go into tuner configuration and there should be a list of your tuners and go into them seperatly and see what they are set up as

madaboutlotus
11-10-13, 15:06
Stanley1, I have not checked that, but the tuners have not been touched since I have had the box, but I might just give it a wiggle!

richardinspain
11-10-13, 15:18
I take it when you are NOT recording anything you can choose a channel on the dvb tuner and watch it ok?

madaboutlotus
11-10-13, 15:23
No here's the thing. I select channels from the epg guide and so I assume it selects from tuner A, the tuner B and then I thought from the dvb-s tuner. So how would I select a channel from the dvb-t tuner?

richardinspain
11-10-13, 15:33
Have you scanned for channels on the dvb tuner?
My set up is tuner a sky, tuner b nilesat and tuner c spanish terestrial (i am in spain)
I put all the channels i watch from all three into one bouquet then i just scroll down the list in the bouquet and select the channel i want to watch weather its from sky, nilesat or spanish terestrial
If you haven't got a bouquet set up then press the down button (under the ok button) (maybe different on other skins) then press green and it should show the sats and terestrial services you have previously scanned then you can pick the channel from there
Obviously you would have had to scan tuner c before hand to have anything there
What have you got plugged into tuner c? ie aerial? freeview?

madaboutlotus
11-10-13, 16:08
For scanning I do an auto scan on tuner A which populates tuner B with tuner C (dvb-t) disabled. I would then do a scan on tuner C with tuner A disabled. The channel list is constructed by the VIX ABM plugin. I can go to the provider channel list via the blue button, but it would be nice to have a channel that selects automatically from tuner C when A & B are busy.
Hope the weather is nice in Spain at the moment, very wet and getting cold in the uk today.

dfdream
11-10-13, 16:47
So you can watch channels on the DVBT tuner fine.
I don't think the receiver is intelligent enough that if you want to record Channel XYZ that it knows its avaialble in both Satellite and Terrestrial and itself decide which tuner is available.
I think it only works if its on either Satellite or Terrestrial.
It treats them as separate channels.
Is this what you mean ?

madaboutlotus
11-10-13, 16:51
That is what I was hoping that the dvb-t tuner would be selected when the other two are occupied and select ant channel that it has been scanned for. Perhaps I'm asking for took much from the box.

judge
11-10-13, 16:54
Highlight the channel, press menu & use 'add alternatives'

madaboutlotus
11-10-13, 17:04
Judge, never heard of that route before.

Rob van der Does
11-10-13, 17:18
Highlight the channel, press menu & use 'add alternatives'
Yep, that's the way to go.
You can also use DB-Edit to add alternatives.

Judge, never heard of that route before.
Two services may have the same name and scedule, but as the reference for the satellite channels is not the same as that of DVB-T/C channels, there's no way the box can know that they are the same until you tell it one to be an alternative for the other.

madaboutlotus
11-10-13, 18:47
Excellent, thanks for the help guys. WoS rocks!