PDA

View Full Version : Which tuner?

Huevos
21-10-10, 16:43
Just a couple of questions about the Vu+ Duo.

First of all how does it decide which tuner to choose?

Example 1, say I have fixed dishes on 9ºE, 13ºE, 16ºE, 19ºE, 23ºE (via 8x1 switch) on the first tuner and 19ºE, 23ºE and 26ºE (via 4x1 switch) on the second tuner will the receiver automatically know which tuner to pick if I want to watch something on 26ºE?

Example 2, if I have motorised dishes on both tuners but one dish is big and the other small can you tell the receiver some channels are only available on the big dish?

Example 3, combination system. Fixed dishes on 13ºE and 19ºE with twin LNB, plus a motorised dish with a twin LNB. Motor control from tuner 1. Dishes all linked up with DiSEqC switches. If Tuner 1 is already watching a program via one of the fixed dishes and tuner 2 wants the motorised dish to move will tuner 1 send that command to the motor while watching another program?

Also, will my white card work in the card slot or do I need an external reader?

Hakon
21-10-10, 18:04
Just a couple of questions about the Vu+ Duo.

First of all how does it decide which tuner to choose?

Example 1, say I have fixed dishes on 9ºE, 13ºE, 16ºE, 19ºE, 23ºE (via 8x1 switch) on the first tuner and 19ºE, 23ºE and 26ºE (via 4x1 switch) on the second tuner will the receiver automatically know which tuner to pick if I want to watch something on 26ºE?

Example 2, if I have motorised dishes on both tuners but one dish is big and the other small can you tell the receiver some channels are only available on the big dish?

Example 3, combination system. Fixed dishes on 13ºE and 19ºE with twin LNB, plus a motorised dish with a twin LNB. Motor control from tuner 1. Dishes all linked up with DiSEqC switches. If Tuner 1 is already watching a program via one of the fixed dishes and tuner 2 wants the motorised dish to move will tuner 1 send that command to the motor while watching another program?

Also, will my white card work in the card slot or do I need an external reader?

First of all you can choose in menu Prefered Tuner "Auto" "TunerA" "TunerB" , that will be the your choise.

Exampel 1 = Yes

Exampel 2 = Yes and No.In advaced mode you can make a list of satellites that will be active with ex Tuner A,but then you loose this sat on one dish

Exampel 3 = Can't think this will work as TunerA is allready busy with a program

BTW same Huevos another forum ?:wave:

Huevos
21-10-10, 19:26
Hi Hakon, yeah it's me. I'm going to get one of these boxes to replace what got damaged by the lightning strike. It's a pity there is no loop through so I will probably loop through my blind-search receivers into this one. The other thing is 90% of the time I'm watching the same handful of satellites and it is so frustrating waiting for the dish to move while flicking from one to another, so I'm going to set up a few fixed dishes. Main problem for me is I need my big dish for 28ºE and that dish is motorised which means it is not really feasible to connect it to both tuners.

jusaju
21-10-10, 19:38
Hi
And welcome Huevos.

You will not go wrong with Vu+ receivers.

But keep Your blindscanners also...as I :) :)
For speedway etc...

Huevos
21-10-10, 21:05
keep Your blindscanners also...as I :) :)
For speedway etc...Hi jusaju, whatever happened to Commisat?
I've got a couple of Vantage x221 TS CI's. One got damaged by the lightning strike... broke the terrestrial tuner but satellite still works, and the other has a strange fault where it crashes when zapping between certain channels. Very strange. It always crashes going from the Poker channel on 1ºW to BBC1 on 28ºE. Both are still good for blind search though. I'm thinking about an Openbox for blind search. Apparently they will scan a whole satellite in under 2 minutes, both S and S2 transponders and they play MPEG4. Not sure yet but first step is to get a Vu+ Duo.

BTW, love the speedway. Second part of Poole versus Coventry was brilliant.

Hakon
21-10-10, 21:29
I'm watching the same handful of satellites and it is so frustrating waiting for the dish to move while flicking from one to another, so I'm going to set up a few fixed dishes. Main problem for me is I need my big dish for 28ºE and that dish is motorised which means it is not really feasible to connect it to both tuners.
One T-90 with 16 LNB to TunerA and one motorised to TunerB is the way to go:trustme:

It's funny with the Vantage , i have one X211S thas has started to crash between some channels. It started with the latest patch i found for my box,and only when i connect it to my T-90 with the 6x SPAUN switch.I tested to go back to an original firmware and it seems to work ok then.It works great with motorised dish.

The Vu+ has sadly not the Blindscan and no looptrough, but the box is far better than my Dreambox.
The tuner in the Vu+ are as good as the Vantage.

Huevos
21-10-10, 21:48
Hakon, I always thought the tuners in the Vantage were pretty poor. I've got other cheap receivers and the tuners are much more sensitive. I bought the second Vantage to replace the one that keeps crashing. I loaded the same software version and copied the same channel list across but the second one doesn't crash.

Do I need an external reader for the white card?

jusaju
22-10-10, 19:27
Hi jusaju, whatever happened to Commisat?
I've got a couple of Vantage x221 TS CI's. One got damaged by the lightning strike... broke the terrestrial tuner but satellite still works, and the other has a strange fault where it crashes when zapping between certain channels. Very strange. It always crashes going from the Poker channel on 1ºW to BBC1 on 28ºE. Both are still good for blind search though. I'm thinking about an Openbox for blind search. Apparently they will scan a whole satellite in under 2 minutes, both S and S2 transponders and they play MPEG4. Not sure yet but first step is to get a Vu+ Duo.

BTW, love the speedway. Second part of Poole versus Coventry was brilliant.

Hi m8

I still play with 2 Clarke-tech blindscanners ( also lost one by the lightning strike..also one linux receiver etc :) )

But back to topic.Vu+ is a very good receiver with a good support.(even it´s not a blind scanner:) )

I can only recommend it or Dmm products.And Vu+ is better atm price/quality.

Br,