PDA

View Full Version : Might purchase VU+ solo

DaMacFunkin
28-09-13, 07:04
Hello, i have recently purchased a VU+ solo2 and i am really impressed with it, but now i'd like to buy a normal solo as well for the bedroom, will i be disapointed in the speed of it as i am now used to the solo2? or is it still a pretty capable machine?
Also will i be able to access my recordings on the solo2 via the solo (this would be main reason of buying).
Thanks.

Stanman
28-09-13, 08:18
Yes you will be able to access the recordings from the solo2.

Speedwise it's nothing like the solo2 but it's ok. takes around 2 minutes or there about to boot up. Navigation is about same.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

DaMacFunkin
28-09-13, 09:13
But it does have standby yes? it isnt going to take 2 minutes every time i want to watch tv is it?
Thanks.

pooface
28-09-13, 09:27
But it does have standby yes? it isnt going to take 2 minutes every time i want to watch tv is it?
Thanks.

Depends what you mean by standby...

There is deep standby (where the box turns off fully, and wakes itself up for recordings etc). And there's normal standby, where the box runs as normal, but just cuts output of sound and video...

In deep standby, box uses < 1w of power. In normal standby, it uses around 22w iirc... In normal operation it uses about 28w (hdd dependant)...

So, if you want it to go in to deep standby each time, it will have to load up fully, so yes, will take around 2 minutes. If you want normal standby, it will load virtually instantly...

Osamo1956
28-09-13, 11:38
Cheapest option, if you're happy to not have HD on the bedroom TV is to use an RF & cable. ...just a thought.
(That, plus an IR remote extender)

DaMacFunkin
28-09-13, 12:41
I've spent a fortune on my gear just for great PQ, i aint going back to RF.

DaMacFunkin
28-09-13, 18:18
P.s. 2 minutes sounds a long time, is there a faster single tuner enigma2 box on the market?

abu baniaz
28-09-13, 18:55
Dont forget that number of plugins installed also affects boot times.

That said, solo does not have as much memory as competition.

Xp100, Single, Nano, HD1 are options.

AJT is selling his Nano. Hopefully hell put it in the classified section on this forum too.