PDA

View Full Version : Picons in EPG and Info bar

bennyxf1
26-09-13, 20:31
Wonder if anyone can help, I appear to have all picons on my lcd screen, but there are a few channels that appear on the lcd screen, but do not appear on my EPG or infobar?

Any help gratefully appreciated.
:rolleyes:

duoduo
26-09-13, 21:56
You need to update your Picons, what version are you using. This as been a problem this year, everytime Sly or Like change channel frequencies it stops the picon working. If you get your Picons from the feeds they are usually updated regularly.

Sirius
26-09-13, 22:02
I tend to get mine from the feeds then FTP them to my USB so when doing online software updates it don't take so long.

Larry-G
26-09-13, 22:29
some changes were made recently that should decrease the time updates take when downloading picons from the feeds, dont ask me how quick it is as i dont use picons from the feeds, but its worth trying just to see if its any better.

Sirius
26-09-13, 22:41
some changes were made recently that should decrease the time updates take when downloading picons from the feeds, dont ask me how quick it is as i dont use picons from the feeds, but its worth trying just to see if its any better.

Thanks will give it a go next update :)

Rob van der Does
27-09-13, 06:34
Indeed: updating picons via the feeds is much faster now and not worth hassling with them any more.

Sirius
27-09-13, 16:07
Where's the best place to save them mate I currently have them to USB ?

Rob van der Does
27-09-13, 16:57
As most boxes have plenty of flash available IMHO flash is the best (i.e. fastest) location.
But USB is fine as well.

Sirius
27-09-13, 18:30
As most boxes have plenty of flash available IMHO flash is the best (i.e. fastest) location.
But USB is fine as well.

I have always used USB, will give flash a try, I doubt I will notice any difference as my box is already fast on channel changes :)

bennyxf1
01-10-13, 14:37
Lads thanks for your replies. I am using Ocram picons & have noticed that after an update it seems to have improved. I'm still missing the odd few (on info bar and LCD screen), but 99% of them are there. Do you think eventually they will all get sorted?

judge
01-10-13, 14:47
Lots of frequency changes recently, I'm sure they will be updated in time.
What channels are you missing them on?

bennyxf1
01-10-13, 17:28
Thanks Judge. Sky Living It, Challenge, Bio, Challenge+1, Sky Atlantic+1, Sony TV+1, Reality TV, Africa Channel, Sky Living it+1, The Style Network, ?TV, TCM, MTV Live, At The Races, Trace Sport Stars, Primetime, Fox News, Nat Geo+1, History+1, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, History, CI, The Mall.

Larry-G
01-10-13, 18:02
Check the following thread as there were a lot of frequency changes last night ( and it's a constantly ongoing thing ).

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3621-Sky-uk-28-2-east-NEW-CHANNELS