PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800SE] Background File Eraser

girginoz
26-09-13, 12:24
Just noticed that /home/root/logs full with background file eraser files!
is it normal? seems it overworks

Rob van der Does
26-09-13, 12:40
Not sure why you think there is an issue? The files will be deleted when the space used is more then what you allowed in the logmanager settings.

girginoz
26-09-13, 12:49
Thanks, Rob, ill limit debug log size with 1MB.
Just wondered how untidy i am seeing so much garbage:D
(mark that all are in one day, 9 logs in an hour)

Trial
26-09-13, 12:55
Hi,
disable debug log and delete them. With every restart a new debug log is created. A good idea is also to set the log path to the hdd if you have one built in.

ciao

girginoz
26-09-13, 13:58
Hi,
disable debug log and delete them. With every restart a new debug log is created. A good idea is also to set the log path to the hdd if you have one built in.

ciao
Thats it, thanks:thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
26-09-13, 14:14
I have always enabled debuglogs on every STB (and set to USB).
That way any problem is always easy to find (and on USB they will not be deleted on flashing; same applies to HDD).

girginoz
26-09-13, 14:33
That way any problem is always easy to find (and on USB they will not be deleted on flashing; same applies to HDD).

Thanks, Rob, i don't want to disable it either, now i set it to media/hdd which is only alternative to home/root on my gb800se.
(And this way easier to get a copy:thumbsup:)

Trial
26-09-13, 21:41
Hi,

good idea. I recently bought a few sticks and now I put one in the Duo2 for logs. I always disabled the logs because the HDD is still not really quite (3.5´´). Now I can leave debug log on all the time.

ciao

Larry-G
27-09-13, 11:03

Yep same here, plus for debug logs saved to a hdd will cause that hdd to soin all the time and not go to sleep.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2