PDA

View Full Version : getting Cams working

Comfysofa
21-10-10, 11:09
Had the chance last night to mess around with the receiver - got the cams on there and found where to start them, but, they wont start as they say the need the config file in /etc - so, where do i find that config file or do i? or, do i create a blank file? or what?

Its probably simple but im a new user to the receiver so any help would be appreciated.

tar

Comfy

Drag0nFly
21-10-10, 11:42
Just create an empty config file with

$ touch /etc/CCcam.conf (verify the case)

deckymckeown
21-10-10, 11:56
Had the chance last night to mess around with the receiver - got the cams on there and found where to start them, but, they wont start as they say the need the config file in /etc - so, where do i find that config file or do i? or, do i create a blank file? or what?

Its probably simple but im a new user to the receiver so any help would be appreciated.

tar

Comfy

Mate i had same problem. I just created a blank .cfg file and placed it in etc. Then edited the file in flash fxp by adding my c line into the config file. Saved the file and that was me ready to go....

Comfysofa
21-10-10, 22:33
Thanks for that gents. CCcam is working now in that it doesnt give the error. So far ive got a lot of channels (looking at 19e at the moment) with nothing decoded - apart from the odd foreign channel.....ive got the SA-Key updater installed and its downloaded keys but what can i get thats watchable.....as for the c line stuff i have no idea what that is - although i think its something to do with putting my S** card in there which is where id like to get to if i can...!

Comfysofa
21-10-10, 22:49
i have another question (loads more to come....) when im watching a channel (black screen in most cases) on the info bar i cant see any cam info - almost as if im not/or its not working.....although in the cam menu its saying its started.

basilyoung
22-10-10, 00:33
if you do not have the relivent cards to watch the channels in question, your soft cam will not decode , unless the channel in question, is open (ha*ked) but you would then need the up to date keys which can be downloaded directly to your unit via a few plugins ( not sure of the current options at the mo, ) in the case of uk cards, you will also need the box key in your config

baz

Comfysofa
23-10-10, 19:12
Thanks for that - that's obvious, i probably didnt explain myself properly....eg on 13e theres 2000 odd channels...just backtracking - i think i was a bit premature as about 30 mins after i posted i was able to decode AB M****rs on 13e so what bouquet is that in??

Comfysofa
23-10-10, 19:13
Oh - another question - i created the CCcam config - which started the CCcam working....the config was in /etc - does this go for the Dreambox as well? (i have a 7025 as well)

basilyoung
23-10-10, 19:16
yes, its a universal requirement of CCcam ...the VU, / DB range, and any other unit, using cccam would need a config

baz