PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] Question on Inadyn

Burnham
24-09-13, 19:05
I have just loaded the latest OpenVix on my Uno after running it for two years with the original ViX 2.3 loaded by WoS. For various reasons I have to have Inadyn running on the Uno.

With both firmwares - v2.3 & latest OpenViX - it was easy to install and set up Inadyn.

With my original setup Inadyn updated the file inadyn.log every time the IP changed. This was extremely useful to me to check that everything was working ok remotely. But I can't find out if that is possible when running Inadyn with OpenVix. Any ideas?

There is a file created in /var/volatile/log (I think) which just shows the latest IP and nothing else. The problem is that file disappears after a restart - it's not as user friendly as the earlier process.

For those not familiar with Inadyn. ViX has implemented its own custom version of Inadyn, it's not the same as the stand alone version which has a command to create a log file. I have tried the "standard" command to create a logfile but nothing happens.

Rob van der Does
24-09-13, 20:28
Did you have a look if the default debuglogs (you have to enable them first) holds the required info?

Burnham
24-09-13, 20:44
Not used that before. Have just enabled it. Nothing showing yet, but I have set up Inadyn to perform an IP check every 60 minutes. Will check it again in an hour to see if anything is showing.

Thanks

Rob van der Does
24-09-13, 22:28
After enabling the debug logs you must reboot the box to make that effective.

Burnham
27-09-13, 14:39
Thanks, got logging working after a reboot and I can see the log file, but no mention of inadyn in the log.

I'm now remote from the Uno and having to do everything over the net. One problem is that I failed to change the Webif port from 80 to 81 when I was there (port 80 does not work in the location).

I can connect with FTP, so I can read and amend files. Can anyone advise me if it is possible to change the webif port to 81 by changing a parameter in a file?