PDA

View Full Version : LCD stuck displaying "starting"

skratch
24-09-13, 11:18
Hi all
Its happened a few times and i can live with it but i just want to make sure the box isn't faulty, sometimes when the box boots up the lcd gets as far as "starting" on the display but then it hangs the box loads and the channel plays but the remote does not respond so i have to turn the box off and on from the back of the box.I just wanted to check to see if this is a software issue and if anyone else is having this problem or i have a faulty box.

mickyblueys
24-09-13, 11:34
This is a common fault on duo's, I'm afraid. Safest way to restart box is to telnet command "init 4" this kills enigma. Then switch off from back of box, leave it a minute or so then turn back on.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

skratch
27-10-13, 13:41
This is a common fault on duo's, I'm afraid. Safest way to restart box is to telnet command "init 4" this kills enigma. Then switch off from back of box, leave it a minute or so then turn back on.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks micky very annoying and strange that if I use the remote on my phone it works just not the ir remote.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

mickyblueys
27-10-13, 13:44
Yeah, I had the issue this morning, it is annoying I couldn't switch off either as I was recording grand prix, and yes phone works as remote. Seems strange that everything obviously boots up and works... just irrc doesn't work and starting stays on LCD.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

satmanbasil
28-10-13, 15:25
Hi

Could be possible the sensor on your receiver is on its way out maybe time to look into replacement sensor, when my stb came back from repair for redlight problem I noticed the remote was playing up, not always responding - as it never had the problem before the redlight i returned it to the workshop who repaired it f.o.c as part of its gurantee work.

satmanbasil
28-10-13, 15:26
Hi

Could be possible the sensor on your receiver is on its way out maybe time to look into replacement sensor, when my stb came back from repair for redlight problem I noticed the remote was playing up, not always responding - as it never had the problem before the redlight i returned it to the workshop who repaired it f.o.c as part of its gurantee work.

mickyblueys
28-10-13, 17:33
Nah, it's nothing to do with that, it's been doing it on and off on both duo's since I bought them brand new. It's a quite common problem with some but not all duo's

stevesom
28-10-13, 18:38
Happens to mine as well. I just knock it off leave for a minute and reboot it.

skratch
28-10-13, 18:42
Happens to mine as well. I just knock it off leave for a minute and reboot it.

Nah, it's nothing to do with that, it's been doing it on and off on both duo's since I bought them brand new. It's a quite common problem with some but not all duo's

I think we are just the lucky ones haha when it happens all the words on the display are all muddled as well.

satmanbasil
28-10-13, 23:32
Hi

sorry to say if my duo did that from the onset then it surely would have been returned i have both solo and duo stb's and apart from the one instance i mentioned they have never had this problem.
One thing i may mention that can cause intermittant remote problems is a remote sender when i have mine infront of my sky box so i can zap channels from upstairs i have noticed the vu is not a happy bunny with the sender facing it just thought i mention incase you have one too.

skratch
28-10-13, 23:38
Might be worth looking in to and find out if indeed this is a software or a hardware fault.

hifial
29-10-13, 08:14
Mine does the same sometimes when waking up from deep standby I think it might be linked to having a USB thumb drive plugged in at startup? As it never done it when I didn't have one!

mickyblueys
29-10-13, 10:41
It has nothing to do with the remote. Satman. It is a hardware fault related to the boot processof the machine. @hifal- it may be related to external Usb attached to machine. But I'm not 100%

skratch
29-10-13, 10:44
I also have a usb attached as well, so yea it maybe a usb issue if anyone can confirm having this issue and if you have a usb connected or not.

satmanbasil
29-10-13, 15:42
It has nothing to do with the remote. Satman. It is a hardware fault related to the boot processof the machine. @hifal- it may be related to external Usb attached to machine. But I'm not 100%

Hi mate

I can only speak from experience what i seen, the receiver was on a certain build when i noticed the problem and when it came back from repair it was on the SAME build again and since that day the intermittant remote problem has never raised its ugly head again on my receiver, Im not saying it cannot be boot related but Im sure many more users would be complaining if this was the case which in turn would have been looked at by vu+ or andy and his team if related to the vix image.
Wish you luck in resolving your problem