PDA

View Full Version : webif old help

DaMacFunkin
23-09-13, 18:35
Hello, i have uninstalled web if, so i could try re-install it, now it won't reinstall, it just gives an error missing message, the reason i am playing around with it is so i can get web bouquets editor to work, i know other peeps have had problems getting this to work but i want to use it on the iphone app, help please.

Larry-G
23-09-13, 18:41
The problem is that the web bouquets editor and the old web interface are licensed to Dream Multimedia and as such we cant use them in our images because of these licence restrictions. This is the exact reason why the Open web interface was created as we and other teams had to drop the older web interface from images that did not run on Dreambox branded hardware.

DaMacFunkin
23-09-13, 18:45
So without these there are no way i can get the web bouquets editor to work on my iphone?

Larry-G
23-09-13, 18:53
no idea mate as it's not something i have ever used but i do know that both are licensed to DMM for DMM images and hardware only, and thats the reason why we dont and cant carry them in the ViX image.

pacha2
13-11-13, 18:08
I've tried to do the same thing and have failed too.
For the iPhone dreaMote app to work completely it uses some features that OpenWebIf doesn't have namely a Web Bouquet Editor and Web AutoTimers

For me the old webinterface installs but then it does not work properly.
The Web UI half loads, but the frames remain empty, just spinning and says loading.

/var/log/messages doesn't report anything interesting
Where should I look for errors?

Larry-G
13-11-13, 18:09
There is nothing we can do for problems related to the old web interface as it is licensed to Dream Multimedia and because of that we cant legally use it.

Rob van der Does
13-11-13, 20:23
The version we have on the feeds is not locensed to DM. It's an old version with the old license.

pacha2
14-11-13, 10:38
After trying to install the old web interface enigma2-plugin-extensions-webinterface-old from the feeds it trashed the OpenWebif plugin too.
I battled for a while trying to get either working, but the errors just got longer and the box ended up in a reboot loop, requiring a reflash.

Just to note that old WebUI is very ugly, clunky and should be avoided with the ViX image.

Now if only we could get OpenWebif to support autotimers so that the mobile apps would benefit from it too...

DaMacFunkin
14-11-13, 13:42
The ideal solution would be for the app author to support vix webif, I don't know if he could implement the features, it was something I was quite excited about being able to do when I bought the box but obviously it's something I can't now use.