PDA

View Full Version : Homeplugs?

gordyboy
23-09-13, 15:41
Should homeplugs be plugged directly into the wall. I have one in the wall and another going into an extension lead as I dont have a spare socket. I experience some glitching on some channels. Is this a problem?

Tx

duoduo
23-09-13, 16:09
Thanks for the love gordyboy lol.. The talk of card share and anything to do with it, is not allowed on the forum, your use of homeplugs and getting glitching would suggest this is your set up.

BubbleBalls
23-09-13, 16:09
Sure fire way to rule it out is to test it directly to socket, just temporarily. Glitching can be caused by several factors. Eliminate possible causes one at a time.

Tapatalker

gordyboy
23-09-13, 16:15
Re The talk of card share and anything to do with it, is not allowed on the forum, your use of homeplugs and getting glitching would suggest this is your set up.

Well if this refers to card sharing I would suggest the forum be shut down as there are multiple posts on a similar note.

BubbleBalls
23-09-13, 16:25
There was no mention of card sharing. And using home plugs does not mean CS. I stream from from one box to another and have experienced glitch. I have had a dvb-t stick in my receiver and streamed live channels upstairs.

Must be something going on with you two? And why should the forum be shut down. Bit overkill there, methinks.

Tapatalker

Stanman
23-09-13, 16:46
Re The talk of card share and anything to do with it, is not allowed on the forum, your use of homeplugs and getting glitching would suggest this is your set up.

Well if this refers to card sharing I would suggest the forum be shut down as there are multiple posts on a similar note.

Because the issue of glitching is never experienced by anyone using a local card. It is the inevitable result of an over burden server.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

BubbleBalls
23-09-13, 16:50
Because the issue of glitching is never experienced by anyone using a local card. It is the inevitable result of an over burden server.

Disagree. I have had internal glitching between Quad and Duo. I have noticed that cache gets maxed and box can't handle the stream.

Tapatalker

Stanman
23-09-13, 17:26
I have disagree. Have 200GB HP and regularly stream recording and never had issue.

BubbleBalls
23-09-13, 17:49
Op and I may be talking different things anyway. He said he had issues with some channels so you guys may be correct. And true also is that the glitches I got were internal - no cam involved, no CS'ing involved.

Tapatalker