PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ DUO: issue with recordings

stema76
22-09-13, 20:34
Good morning everybody!
First of all, I want to apologize if I'm writing in the wrong section of this forum.
I received some days ago my new Vu+ DUO and I'm very happy of it !
The Vu+ works very fine: it's very fast and stable; the only one issue I have is about the timer/recordings on the internal hard drive: scheduling timers from the EPG the recording starts & end at the scheduled time but sometime happens that the recorded video file is 0 megabytes.
I can see it (with all the related info about the movie) in the recording list but I cannot playback it because it's empty.
Could someone try to help me ?

Some tech info about my Vu+:
- Operating system: enigma 2 - VIX
- installed hard drive: internal, 1TB toshiba

Thanks in advance for your kind help!
Stefano.

Burnham
24-09-13, 18:42
I think you will get some more technical replies than I can give, but have you checked if the channels are working.

You will get the 0 bytes recording if either the signal is poor and the channel can not be received or if it is a encrypted channel and your method of decryption is not working at the time of the recording.

stema76
25-09-13, 08:06
I think you will get some more technical replies than I can give, but have you checked if the channels are working.

You will get the 0 bytes recording if either the signal is poor and the channel can not be received or if it is a encrypted channel and your method of decryption is not working at the time of the recording.

Hi, thank you very much for your reply !
I think in my case the reason is the very low signal level, because I can see the channel on the TV but I cannot record it. Moreover I noticed that this happens only with some channels (fortunately a very few).
I'll check my SAT installation with a technician in order to improve the signal strenght and quality, hoping this will fix my recording problems.
Of course, I will let you know !

Thanks,
Stefano.

stema76
28-09-13, 18:41
Hi all!
Today the technician fixed a problem on my sat installation; the signal gained 3db at least and all the recording test I made completed succesfully!

Ciao!

Larry-G
28-09-13, 19:35
Thanks for keeping us updated and congrats on getting things sorted.