PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Teamred image

richardinspain
22-09-13, 11:57
Hi
i am currently using vix and am quite happy with it but i want to try the teamred image but it comes with a different bootloader..How does this work?
In the gigablue bootloader file i have cfe file,lcd wait key file,lcd splash file,lcd warning file and a file called no force..so with the exception of the cfe file the other files are the same that are in the gigablue>quad folder ..Do i just copy the cfe file over to the the image folder and flash as normal?
Thanks

bacon_&_cabbage
22-09-13, 13:03
I too am going to flash this image and give it ago when I get a few days off work.
As far as i know when you extract the archive copy the gigablue folder and all its contents over to usb stick.
I think that is how its done, make sure and get confirmation of this.
Also make sure you the right boot-loader otherwise you could end up with a bricked box,

richardinspain
22-09-13, 13:07
Hi Bacon
Ive flashed all the other images no problem just to see what they are like, but the teamred one seems a little different with a different boot loader which i wasn't sure how to do (where and when to install the different bootloader)
Hopefully someone will be able to advise us
cheers

Larry-G
22-09-13, 13:18
I can only go off my experience with Vu+ and Technomate OE receivers as i have never used or operated a Gigablue but the process should be easy enough.

Flash the bootloader first then the image, there should be a number of posts on the forum on the topic of flashing the bootloader for these boxes and if i do come across one i'll post it up.

skippie
22-09-13, 14:01
I have tried team red, not bad but still the Vix image is much better, best support also and updates regularly

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD

richardinspain
22-09-13, 14:04
Hi Skippie
Can you tell me how you flashed it with the different bootloader and also did you have to install the origional bootloader again when you reverted back to vix?
many thanks

skippie
22-09-13, 14:10
it's all explained on the site, you first install the bootloader like you flash an image

be sure to install the right one

bacon_&_cabbage
22-09-13, 14:21
Can you provide a link skippe to where this explained on how to install the recent bootloader. I've been searching for this days now and (google) and there is a quiet a few different ways.

Some say copy the gigablue folder after the archive is extracted. and all its contents to root off usb.

ie: gigablue/quad/5 files.

Others say all you need is certain files out of the above 5, copy the files to root off usb.

Do not want to brick the receiver.

Thanks for any help

skippie
22-09-13, 14:35
http://images.myteamred.info/index.php?open=loader

like I said : copy bootloader (quad) to usb and install
then copy the image to usb and install

nothing more

bacon_&_cabbage
22-09-13, 15:10
So download the archive, extract it,
open the gigablue folder, copy the quad folder to root of usb and flash as normal.

marty
22-09-13, 15:23
I tried TR, you'll be back on VIX the same day :p

skippie
22-09-13, 15:25
no, copy /gigablue to usb with the subfolder quad included

skippie
22-09-13, 15:26
I tried TR, you'll be back on VIX the same day :p

yes, like i did, lol

richardinspain
22-09-13, 17:19
Hi
I tried teamred, now i want to go back to vix, but it wont flash, do i need a different boot loader?

Edit...no worries ..got it sorted

bacon_&_cabbage
24-09-13, 16:52
No doubt I will end up on back on vix, but this part of the hobby and fun with these receivers.

richardinspain
24-09-13, 17:28
I completley agree with you bacon, i tried the teamred, as far as i could see its a nice image..but it i couldn't get it to work with project valerie..I think i must have tried all the images now..The vix image seems to work with all the plugins i use..Much better than my amiko alien which forever crashed depending on what plugins i used..Have fun

bacon_&_cabbage
24-09-13, 18:27
what is the password and username for the the team red image
tried root and root

thanks guys