PDA

View Full Version : password when ftp

skippie
22-09-13, 10:41
everytime I connect to my Gigablue Quad now I have to fill in login and password, why is that? Also to watch a movie from my Quad on my PC through wireless.

I didn't have to do this before.
How can I change that again?

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD

Larry-G
22-09-13, 11:07
Have you set a password ?, as by default there is no FTP password set in the ViX image unless you set one your self. also depending on the FTP client you use some require you to input a password even if one is not set, some on the other hand are not too fussy about passwords if none are set.

skippie
22-09-13, 11:44
I haven't changed anything, I always connected straight away without having to input a password, now suddenly I have to input a password when playing a movie from the harddrive

Larry-G
22-09-13, 11:52
Nothing has changed in the image that would require you to input a password, maybe someone has changed something in your settings which has resulted in this need for a password ??.

skippie
22-09-13, 12:00
I am the only one using the quad, where could I possibly undo the password setting?

skippie
22-09-13, 12:43
found it : somehow, in OpenWebInterface, Http authentication was set to YES

dragoscevero
22-09-13, 13:51
it happened also to me on openPLi image. I haven't changed it but at a time I found http autentication to open web interface turned on.
I think it was an OE2.0 update that has changed it in one driver update...

abu baniaz
22-09-13, 15:38
You are not the only one. I was experiencing the same. TM Twin, build 742.

It even affects the use of Dreamset. No screen prompts and reload would not work. Disabling HTTP authentication in webif plugin resolves this.