PDA

View Full Version : TM2T Restore from Backup? Can't Figure out How

dhod
21-09-13, 16:06
I set up a technomate tm2t for myself and my friend also bought one.
I was under the impression that I could do a vix image backup, plug that in to the front of the technomate and it would start to restore as it did on my vu duo when i've done that in the past.

Am I doing something wrong? I would rather figure this out than go through the whole set up and settings again.

Thanks
Dan

abu baniaz
21-09-13, 16:22
That is the idea and it works apart from splash screen at startup.

What device did you backup to? Have you transferred backup to usb and folder layout is correct?

EDIT: The backup is created in a folder such as "tmtwin-3.0.742-20130920_141410".Inside this folder there is the "update" folder which needs to be transferred to usb. Approriate name for other brands instaed of "update".

dhod
21-09-13, 17:45
That is the idea and it works apart from splash screen at startup.

What device did you backup to? Have you transferred backup to usb and folder layout is correct?

EDIT: The backup is created in a folder such as "tmtwin-3.0.742-20130920_141410".Inside this folder there is the "update" folder which needs to be transferred to usb. Approriate name for other brands instaed of "update".

Ah, i had moved the whole folder over.. ok thanks, only trouble is when i do the update, it seems to do it fine and i get to the turn machine on and off, but then just hangs on the booting... not sure why? the file came from a technomate tm2t as well?

I'll restore to a standard vix for now.

Thanks
Dan