PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800SE] VIX menu image download

girginoz
21-09-13, 07:22
Just wondered if i could download latest vix build using VİX menu in blue button.
After download i wanted to restore it: half an hour passed, still "Reflash in progress"
Is there a problem with this function? Thanks

Larry-G
21-09-13, 07:50
There have been some reports lately of errors with the image manager / image restore feature but there very hard to track down. try powering the receiver down then reboot and let us know the result. please also post the update log so we can have a look at it ( sorry but off the top of my head i cant think of where the update log is stored to ).

girginoz
21-09-13, 07:57
Tired of waiting, i removed and checked the usb stick:

and an "imagebackups" file.
i loaded the backup file but it was just an ordinary build vix 742 without backup:confused:

Larry-G
21-09-13, 08:03
The images on the server are clean images with no additional plugins exactly as you would get from www.openvix.co.uk so if you used the restore option to flash one of these images downloaded from the server you would need to set it up again from scratch or use a settings backup to restore your plugins and settings.

can you post the restore.log file here please for us to take a look at ?.

Thanks.

girginoz
21-09-13, 08:06
There have been some reports lately of errors with the image manager / image restore feature but there very hard to track down. try powering the receiver down then reboot and let us know the result. please also post the update log so we can have a look at it ( sorry but off the top of my head i cant think of where the update log is stored to ).

Sorry, took long to finish my post due ph interruption and did not notice your message but the restore log is probably what you need, luckily it was on usb stick

can you post the restore.log file here please for us to take a look at ?.

Thanks. its already there in 3rd message mate