PDA

View Full Version : TM-2T. Can someone please make me SuperMan with the wife?

JenBell
20-09-13, 15:28
Hello Peeps,

I have 2x TM-2T's and they work very well. No problems and happy overall, apart from the skin/GUI which the wife thinks is plain crap. Using default 4D firmware, latest Sept 2013 version.
(I know openvix has a great standard GUI, if I could download the EPG / GUI for that I would be very happy).

TheWife uses her laptop to watch TV channel called HUM TV. It's a Pakistani channel. I went the website: http://www.hum.tv/live
You can actually watch the channel live stream. Can someone tell me how I can get this working so the TM-2T does the same thing? I regarded as a tvFail at the moment and really want to get into TheWife's good books - otherwise I dont get to watch any footy. Please help me.

abu baniaz
20-09-13, 15:38
I would suggest that you try the Vix image first on one of the receivers. Read Josh's new box setup guide (link in my signature) it should explain the basics.

Osamo1956
28-09-13, 11:20
'Mornin JenBell,
To be honest, changing your receiver type will make you a God in your wife's eyes :)
I once swore by TM kit, but as I became more ambitious, and her-indoors becoming more frustrated and demanding (about the receiver ...AND generally), I was advised to jump brands to VU+. Never looked back to be honest.
I'd totally recommend the original VU+ Duo. ...unless your pocket might stretch to the Duo 2.
The wife loves it. Twin Sat Tuners + and excellent EPG. The Cross-epg is as near as you might get to the sky-type one.
So, perhaps keep a eye on the for-sale items on the forum. Or buy one from World-of-Satellite. B E W A R E of clones ...especially on the online auction sites.
Make the move ...before the wife makes the move ...out! ;)

Larry-G
28-09-13, 11:32
'Mornin JenBell,
To be honest, changing your receiver type will make you a God in your wife's eyes :)
I once swore by TM kit, but as I became more ambitious, and her-indoors becoming more frustrated and demanding (about the receiver ...AND generally), I was advised to jump brands to VU+. Never looked back to be honest.
I'd totally recommend the original VU+ Duo. ...unless your pocket might stretch to the Duo 2.
The wife loves it. Twin Sat Tuners + and excellent EPG. The Cross-epg is as near as you might get to the sky-type one.
So, perhaps keep a eye on the for-sale items on the forum. Or buy one from World-of-Satellite. B E W A R E of clones ...especially on the online auction sites.
Make the move ...before the wife makes the move ...out! ;)

a little while ago i may have agreed with you re jumping ship from TM but with the new drivers and kernel combo the TM is again a very reliable receiver and in my opinion on par if not better than the Duo which it self is now showing signs of it's age, The Duo2 on the other hand is very overpriced and the LCD is a total gimmick that would have been best left off, rite now the best Vu by far is the solo2.

If any thing i'd advise the op to try ViX which in my opinion is the single best image for sky uk systems with easily the best EPG bar none of any box / image.

TK4|2|1
28-09-13, 11:48
All is good in the Technomate camp since they fixed the drivers. Have you noticed how quite the forums are now from people with TM-OE receivers???
Put Vix on that bad boy and you're good to go, and might I suggest the MyMetrix skin.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Larry-G
28-09-13, 12:02
All is good in the Technomate camp since they fixed the drivers. Have you noticed how quite the forums are now from people with TM-OE receivers???
Put Vix on that bad boy and you're good to go, and might I suggest the MyMetrix skin.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

I have always like the TM-OE range of receivers my self although I was mightily pissed with the state of the drivers, now those issues have finally been resolved they are better than ever, and i'm particularly liking the nano at the moment and i'm not even missing the VFD as much as i though i would.

Jigsy99
28-09-13, 16:44
I was thinking that myself this week. You could always guarantee most days there would be 2-3 posts regarding recording issues or audio sync but everyone is very happy at TM Towers. Maybe one day I will buy a VU+ but for now the TM2T ticks all the boxes for me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2