PDA

View Full Version : Can't Login into box!!

Jawid
20-09-13, 13:06
Hi all,

I flashed my box with a backup image last night and had recently changed the password but it is not letting me in with it now!!

If you flash your box with a backup image does it restore the password that was set at the time the backup was created? I forgot the old one :(

If so what do you advise the best way to proceed?

Cheers.

DaMacFunkin
20-09-13, 13:55
Flash it with a virgin image I would imagine, you will then have to set it up again

Jawid
20-09-13, 14:16
Yeah didn't want to do the setup again.

Would taking a backup of the settings and flashing a clean image work or would that still keep the old password?

judge
20-09-13, 15:57
flashing a clean image will remove the password.
you could back-up your settings & only restore the parts you want manually by ftp'ing them to the box.

Jawid
20-09-13, 16:48
Thanks for confirming Judge, I'll give that a go tonight.

AJT
20-09-13, 17:08
Hi all,

I flashed my box with a backup image last night and had recently changed the password but it is not letting me in with it now!!

If you flash your box with a backup image does it restore the password that was set at the time the backup was created? I forgot the old one :(

If so what do you advise the best way to proceed?

Cheers.
Hi just use a bit of software called "PUTTY"this will allow you to change password of image...run app leave user name as root and then next step make a new password job done..use root and new password to login to image/box

Jawid
20-09-13, 20:52
Hi just use a bit of software called "PUTTY"this will allow you to change password of image...run app leave user name as root and then next step make a new password job done..use root and new password to login to image/box

Really, without even knowing the current password?

AJT
20-09-13, 20:55
Really, without even knowing the current password?

yes really

judge
20-09-13, 23:16
yes really

no, if a root password is set & can't be remembered, you can not log back into the box unless you also created other users.