PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Sats on a motorised system - how to upload a Bouquet - which bouquet

iba
19-09-13, 17:07
Hi,

I'm a complete Newb at this and would appreciate help please - I have looked through numerous posts but cannot find the help I need although I know its probably hidden around somewhere

Anyway I have the Gigablue HD800 with the latest Vix image.

I have a motorised dish and I'd like to scan in all the sats that are available to me. I know how to scan in each sat individually (I scanned in Astra 28 just to see how looked/see how it works) but what I would like to do is upload a bouquet onto the box which if I understand correctly will update transponders/stations as they come and go instead of me having to rescan the box all the time. But I don't know how to upload a bouquet or which one is best to use.

The primary sat. that I use is Astra 28 but I also use Badr 26, Hotbird 13 and Astra 19 etc.

Would really appreciate your help folks.

Regards

Iba

Stanman
19-09-13, 20:42
I would really not bother scanning each sat, imho your better of installing one of the ready made bouquets such as Vhannibal and Catseye

iba
20-09-13, 12:49
I would really not bother scanning each sat, imho your better of installing one of the ready made bouquets such as Vhannibal and Catseye

Stanman,

Thanks very much for your reply.

You are exactly right, I dont want to scan each sat, I want to use a ready made bouquet - so that you for mentioning these two above - so I will go and look now for one of these and download it.

But can you tell me what to do next - how do I get it onto the box please and thank you?

Regards

Rob van der Does
20-09-13, 15:55
Why not first try one of the settings that can be installed from the feeds?
PluginBrowser --> Green --> Settings --> Pick Your Choice

iba
21-09-13, 11:11

Rob,

Thank you very much for your post - I didnt know about this menu (I mean pressing the green button)

So I've picked vhannibal motor (1.0+git255) - I hope that this is the right one.

Again thanks for your help

Regards

iba
21-09-13, 15:05

Rob,

Thank you very much for your post - I didnt know about this menu (I mean pressing the green button)

So I've picked vhannibal motor (1.0+git255) - I hope that this is the right one.

Again thanks for your help

Regards

Rob van der Does
21-09-13, 17:33
Which one is the right one for you is your decision. You might try a few, and/or the build-in AutoBouqetsMaker, and decide what suites you best.

iba
21-09-13, 18:43
Rob,

Thanks for your reply. Been trying a few but I cant find the built-in AutoBouqetsMaker - would be grateful if you might point out its location to me please?

Regards

Rob van der Does
21-09-13, 19:57
If on ViX: Menu --> System --> Service searching --> AutoBouquetsMkaer