PDA

View Full Version : GigaBlue HD Quad

Mrrallen
19-09-13, 17:07
Hi,
I'm a first time poster so please be gentle with me...

I have a snag list and wondered if I'm doing something wrong or if these need to be fixed.
I have 2 sat tuners and 2 terrestrial digital tuners. I live in Leeds in the UK.
My terrestrial feed comes from emley moor broadcast tower and I have 2 satellites Astra and hotbird (via a diseqc switch)
The tuning for all tuners does not offer regionalisation of the channel line up, so I cannot watch BBC leeds for example, unless I scroll through hundreds of BBC listings for BBC West Yorkshire.

Also BBC 1 HD on free sat shows up in the guide or any channel listing as n/a, but works ok.
I have a cifs drive mounted to watch movies on my gigablue from my windows 8 pc. When my PC is there is no problem, however when it is off, just trying to watch regular recordings on the internal HD is an issue. the system seems to be trying constantly to access the network mount and I get the VIX logo scrolling around top left for about 15 minutes before it will show me the list of recordings on the internal disk. same happens when ending the program takes an age. its quicker to power off the box and back on again instead of waiting.

I'm in version 3.0 build 718 kernel 3.3.8

Please can anyone help?

Thanks

richardinspain
19-09-13, 19:32
Hi
I can answer the first question for you
The easiest for this is to make a bouquet with all your channels that you frequently watch..I have some channels from satellite and some from terrestrial in the same bouquet
If you want to do this then go to your satellite list of channels press blue to add a new bouquet and name it what you want (i have also deleted all the other bouquets and just have my one) then go back to the list of channels and scroll to the one you want press menu and choose add entry or something like that and add it into your bouquet..do that for all your channels you want and there your have it you own tailor made list..When you switch on your gigablue it should go to your bouquet so you don't have to scroll through loads of channels to get what you want
Hope this helps

eleusis
03-12-13, 02:43
Hi. Im new to open receivers, enigma2 and vix and trying to learn the ropes here. I got a Gigablue quad and I got Vix installed on it.

This may seem like dumb question but im at my wits end. How do you either edit bouquets made from auto bouquets?. . . . OR how to you make you own bouquet and add channels to it. The above post seems to do nothing for me. It is very vague. Pressing blue when in guide just gives option for auto timer. . pressing it on bouquet menu does nothing and pressing it while on channel opens up extensions.

I have tried all combinations of all sorts of buttons in all sorts of menus and nothing seems like it is close.

I would have though making a fav list of channels was pretty basic stuff for any image and receiver. I must be missing something pretty simple here.

spv4u
03-12-13, 07:58
You can do it using the box but I find that too long winded personally.

I use dreamboxedit as the box is enigma 2 based you can use this tool on a windows PC to download the current channel list, edit it and then upload the list back to the box.

You can edit and delete till your heart is content.

By doing this way you have a master copy of the channels how you want them.

Trial
03-12-13, 09:37
Hi,
you must press blue when in channel list not in any kind of EPG and then its quite easy. Press menu in bouquet list to create a new bouquet and press menu in channel list (all) when you are on a channel you would like to put into your bouquet. Once you get used to it it is very simple.

For the start I would also recommend dreamboxedit and for little changes I would do it at the box with the RC.

ciao