PDA

View Full Version : Help with LCD setup.

dfdream
19-09-13, 11:39
I want to put this on my DUO2 lcd but cant find how to.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29977-Post-your-working-VU-Duo2-LCD4Linux-configs&p=225169&viewfull=1#post225169

When I go into plugin and press menu I get the screen in the attachment.

I don't get a load option as in the instructions. But I can scroll down to the one I want but cant select it.
Pressing OK doesn't do anything.
The only button that does anything is the red button to delete it.

Am I doing something wrong.
I have Picons for info bar do I need picons for lcd or does it use the same picons.

Also in LCD4Linux plug there is a "restart displays" yellow button. Whats this for ? I pressed it and the default setup vanished.
Whats easiest way to get default LCD setup back at least...

Thanks

Delagroov
19-09-13, 13:23
Select load the file(with settings you want), will do it and indeed there is no confirmation..

I have to agree it still needs some tweaking, regarding loading configs.

dfdream
19-09-13, 13:56
You mean scroll down to the one you want and press OK.
If so should something happen ?
I have to press exit to get back to the settings screen and there is no indication that the chosen LCD file has been loaded.
When should it appear..
Does it need to be rebooted.

Select load the file(with settings you want), will do it and indeed there is no confirmation..

I have to agree it still needs some tweaking, regarding loading configs.

Delagroov
19-09-13, 14:14
Yea..thats the way..

But i have noticed some issue with loading backupped configs myself..
So i did manually ftp lcd4l config from a settings backup to etc/enigma2 to get my saved config loaded

dfdream
19-09-13, 15:56
What do I do If I want to install another users one.
Do I rename their config to lcd4config and overwrite the one in etc/enigma2 ?
If so is it activated automatically or require enigma restart...

Yea..thats the way..

But i have noticed some issue with loading backupped configs myself..
So i did manually ftp lcd4l config from a settings backup to etc/enigma2 to get my saved config loaded

Delagroov
19-09-13, 17:37
If you have your backup, you can try and experiment with loading other ones configs,
Indeed you rename it en do a E2 restart
or
You can edit the file with notepad++ and paste it in it with the configs you wan to test.

Doggo
02-10-13, 22:35
I looked at the Load config issue reported by dfdream tonight, the instructions for importing a LCD4Linux config do not work and therefore this is a VIX bug.

Problem:

1. The Load File : LCD4linux -xxxxxxxx_xxxx.lcd is not imported into the /etc/enigma2 directory
2. The file would also need to be renamed by to lcd4config. and overwrite the existing file which does not happen.

Workaround:
1. Use the 'Save Config to File' as explained in the sticky, to create your 'LCD4linux -xxxxxxxx_xxxx.lcd' backup (Where x = date_time of backup)
2. Delete the lcd4config file located in the /etc/enigma2
3, Ensure you rename any LCD4linux -xxxxxxxx_xxxx.lcd backup config files you have downloaded from the the forum to your PC too 'lcd4config'
4. Upload via FTP client 'Filezilla' the lcd4config file to the /etc/enigma2 folder
5. Close the FTP application
6. Restart Enigma 2
7. The new config is now active.

Note : It is good practice to replace the xxxxxxxx_xxxx with a meaningful description of the LCD functionality ie 'LCD4Linux-Weather' so you know the fuctionality
Note : You can load as many configs as you like to the /var/volatile/tmp folder.

Hope this helps
Doggo

andyblac
03-10-13, 13:56
I looked at the Load config issue reported by dfdream tonight, the instructions for importing a LCD4Linux config do not work and therefore this is a VIX bug.

Problem:

1. The Load File : LCD4linux -xxxxxxxx_xxxx.lcd is not imported into the /etc/enigma2 directory
2. The file would also need to be renamed by to lcd4config. and overwrite the existing file which does not happen.

Workaround:
1. Use the 'Save Config to File' as explained in the sticky, to create your 'LCD4linux -xxxxxxxx_xxxx.lcd' backup (Where x = date_time of backup)
2. Delete the lcd4config file located in the /etc/enigma2
3, Ensure you rename any LCD4linux -xxxxxxxx_xxxx.lcd backup config files you have downloaded from the the forum to your PC too 'lcd4config'
4. Upload via FTP client 'Filezilla' the lcd4config file to the /etc/enigma2 folder
5. Close the FTP application
6. Restart Enigma 2
7. The new config is now active.

Note : It is good practice to replace the xxxxxxxx_xxxx with a meaningful description of the LCD functionality ie 'LCD4Linux-Weather' so you know the fuctionality
Note : You can load as many configs as you like to the /var/volatile/tmp folder.

Hope this helps
Doggo

the plugin in vix is the same plugin from IHAD, with a few defaults changed, nothing more, so if the load config does not work then it is NOT a image issue.