PDA

View Full Version : venton hd2 vix image help

beck
18-09-13, 20:47
Hi I just got my self a new venton hd2 with the vix image installed I'm new to the image as only had a tm800 before so just trying to work my way around the box and image I'm a newbie so please be pacient with me I have a couple of question s first one is when I go to plugings on the box it says sory feeds seem to be in a unstable state if you wish to use them please enable allow unstable updates in online update set up . why dose this say this and where do I find this setting and is it OK to allow is. Question two I have noticed on the bottom info bar when I turn over chan the red record light flashes some times and not others times and have also noticed it flash green I haven't set up recordings and wouldn't want to I wouldn't know where to start please any help would be appreciated thanks

judge
18-09-13, 21:28
You can check the state of the feeds on http://www.openvix.co.uk/
RED = unstable, GREEN = stable

Just because it's set to RED doesn't necessarily mean it shouldn't be used, just that there's probably a new build that hasn't been fully tested yet.

To allow unstable updates:
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Software Update -> Allow unstable updates = yes.

As for 2) That's the software update icon.

beck
18-09-13, 22:16
Thanks judge but why dose it say feeds seem to be unstable when press download plugings (green button) on the plugings brouser on the box. Am I rite to think then that the record light flashing red or green isn't nothing to be concerned about and its normal sory if questions sound silly just trying to understand everything about the box and vix thanks

judge
18-09-13, 22:27
The red/green flashing light has nothing to do with recording. It shows that the box has detected that there's an online update available.
If it's flashing red, it also sees the plugin feeds as set to unstable.

beck
18-09-13, 22:40
That's great judge so red or green lights have nothing to do with recordings that's put my mind at ease thanks for that rite to pick ya brain again :) if I want to download plugging from the feeds on the box do I enable unstable updates because that's the only way I can see to get download feed to show

judge
18-09-13, 22:53
Yes, while the image is still tagged as unstable, you need to enable unstable updates to download plugins.
If that update icon is flashing green, plugins will still be available.

Depending on the skin you're using, the record (REC) icon will look slightly different & flash red when a recording is happening.

beck
18-09-13, 23:05
Ah thanks judge your a true gent for taking time to explain these things to me great stuff thank you mite call on your help again if needed cheers judge legend

judge
18-09-13, 23:16
No problem. I'm sure there are a few threads on the forums explaining all the icons & their various states.
Might be hard to track down in a search though, so just read through the forums & you should find things easy enough to use/get used to on the image.

If you get stuck anywhere, open a new thread in the right box/image section & always include the build number. Menu -> Information -> About as it makes things so much easier...