PDA

View Full Version : Internal fan help.

AJT
18-09-13, 11:07
Hi i have just purchased this box from W.O.S.I did not opt for HDD caddy and fan pack as i have no intention of using HDD.
can anyone tell me the fan size required for this box.? or is it required without HDD i have a few fans but would like to get one in if i don't have correct one.
Many thanks

Alec
18-09-13, 11:12
Hi i have just purchased this box from W.O.S.I did not opt for HDD caddy and fan pack as i have no intention of using HDD.
can anyone tell me the fan size required for this box.? or is it required without HDD i have a few fans but would like to get one in if i don't have correct one.
Many thanks
I would assume if they sell a box without a fan, it would not be needed in the normal usage, and if you put in a hard drive it will be needed.

AJT
18-09-13, 15:49
I would assume if they sell a box without a fan, it would not be needed in the normal usage, and if you put in a hard drive it will be needed.

Great thanks for that i kind of know that yet i wish to fit one regardless that is why i am asking for the fan size

Sicilian
18-09-13, 15:54
Its not required without a HDD.

Alec
18-09-13, 16:20
Great thanks for that i kind of know that yet i wish to fit one regardless that is why i am asking for the fan size

I should think a standard 50mm low noise should be okay. You need to check the voltage on basic control. It is probable 12v or ask the specifications of the fan that is with a hard drive from a supplier.

Alec
18-09-13, 16:23

I should think a standard 50mm low noise should be okay. You need to check the voltage on basic control. It is probable 12v or ask the specifications of the fan that is with a hard drive from a supplier. If you have room and the receiver has air holes at the bottom you could buy a cooler pad that plugs into the USB.

dfdream
18-09-13, 16:29
This looks like a nice box AJT...

Let us know what you think of it...

Larry-G
18-09-13, 17:03

Its a really nice box had one running here for just over a week. As with other TM OE boxes build quality is very high and I dont even mind not having a VFD either.

I have the caddy kit. with the HDD and fan installed, fan cranked up to half way, its still quite cool and near silent.

Providing the drivers retain the current level of stability this will be a great little box to use, and a proper clone killer in my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AJT
18-09-13, 19:44

Looking forward to having a play....

AJT
18-09-13, 19:46
Its a really nice box had one running here for just over a week. As with other TM OE boxes build quality is very high and I dont even mind not having a VFD either.

I have the caddy kit. with the HDD and fan installed, fan cranked up to half way, its still quite cool and near silent.

Providing the drivers retain the current level of stability this will be a great little box to use, and a proper clone killer in my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

How is your fan installed have you had a look..I know its been said i dont need one but i will put one in as it wont do any harm and have it drawing out heat.

AJT
18-09-13, 19:47
I should think a standard 50mm low noise should be okay. You need to check the voltage on basic control. It is probable 12v or ask the specifications of the fan that is with a hard drive from a supplier. If you have room and the receiver has air holes at the bottom you could buy a cooler pad that plugs into the USB.

i think it can only be 12v as it has external 12v psu.

Larry-G
18-09-13, 19:49
How is your fan installed have you had a look..I know its been said i dont need one but i will put one in as it wont do any harm and have it drawing out heat.

Same as other TM OE boxes above the cooling fins and processor. There are mounting points in place just ready to screw the fans housing into.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Rob van der Does
18-09-13, 20:14
i think it can only be 12v as it has external 12v psu.
So if it would have 230V supply the fan could only have been 230v?

Nope, it's quite easy to make other voltages out of 12V.

AJT
19-09-13, 08:12
So if it would have 230V supply the fan could only have been 230v?

Nope, it's quite easy to make other voltages out of 12V.

Yes i agree with you basically if the input is 12v then it can be no higher than that and as we know the fan will most likely be a 12v.
But its totally irrelevant as it goes and that is why i asked here but nobody has been able to tell me..

I just want the size/type or spec 2 pin or 3 of a fan that i can put in to the box that's all so i could see if i had one or go get one ready for my box arriving today....

AJT
19-09-13, 08:16
Same as other TM OE boxes above the cooling fins and processor. There are mounting points in place just ready to screw the fans housing into.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

First tecnomate box for me..thanks all will be revealed later when it arrives.

Sicilian
19-09-13, 08:24
I just want the size/type or spec 2 pin or 3 of a fan that i can put in to the box that's all so i could see if i had one or go get one ready for my box arriving today....

If you want a fan but the kit from the sponsor, fan is specific to the unit with correct 2pin plug to connect to motherboard and has been tested with fan control plugin. If you're not fitting a HDD why bother? Its not needed.

Sicilian
19-09-13, 08:26
I should think a standard 50mm low noise should be okay. You need to check the voltage on basic control. It is probable 12v or ask the specifications of the fan that is with a hard drive from a supplier.

Its only a small fan, off top of my 3cm and I would not recommend fitting a 3rd party fan that has not been tested with variable speed fan control. Really dont see the point of this thread, fan is not needed without HDD, if it was TM would have had one factory fitted :rolleyes:

AJT
19-09-13, 09:06
Its only a small fan, off top of my 3cm and I would not recommend fitting a 3rd party fan that has not been tested with variable speed fan control. Really dont see the point of this thread, fan is not needed without HDD, if it was TM would have had one factory fitted :rolleyes:

Hi mate.please don't get me wrong but the point of the thread was for me to attain any information about the the correct specs of the fan used in this box so i could pre buy one ready to fit....Needed in the box or not in your opinion I want to fit one..I don't know why folks are making a big deal out of stuff...all i want is the fan size..never mind Many thanks for your info

Sicilian
19-09-13, 09:25
Hi mate.please don't get me wrong but the point of the thread was for me to attain any information about the the correct specs of the fan used in this box so i could pre buy one ready to fit....Needed in the box or not in your opinion I want to fit one..I don't know why folks are making a big deal out of stuff...all i want is the fan size..never mind Many thanks for your info

Its not just about the size, the fan also need to be compatible with variable speed control and have correct fitting plug to fit to motherboard. If they're not compatible with variable speed they will burn out :trustme: its been tested.

AJT
19-09-13, 10:03
Its not just about the size, the fan also need to be compatible with variable speed control and have correct fitting plug to fit to motherboard. If they're not compatible with variable speed they will burn out :trustme: its been tested.

precisely why i asked on here for advice.

AJT
19-09-13, 16:47
precisely why i asked on here for advice.

For anyone else who may want to know this...
The fan is 40mm x10mm.I have fitted a Fractal Design SILENT SERIES R2 40MM x 10mm

DaMacFunkin
07-10-13, 18:51
Where did you get that from mate, i got the fitted one with the caddy and even on a few notches its noisy, it sounds like a rattle :-(

DaMacFunkin
12-10-13, 10:06
Ive purchased this fan:
"The fan is 40mm x10mm.I have fitted a Fractal Design SILENT SERIES R2 40MM x 10mm"
but it is 3 pin and the pin connector is 2 pin?? I need to replace the one provided, it is way to cheap and nasty and seems to sound worse the more you restrict the speed.

DaMacFunkin
13-10-13, 16:31
Cheers AJT finally got this sorted, so quiet I wasn't sure it was running lol.

vinceben
02-01-14, 12:08
Very pleased with my Nano ( from the sponsors ) but the fan is quite noisy. I do not have a hard drive or caddy installed, so would it be ok to turn the fan off via the Fan Control in the Menus.

Rob van der Does
02-01-14, 13:16
You could install the plugin FanControl2. I'm not sure if the box is compatible with that, but if it is you have a decent control. You can lower the speed and watch the temp in the web-if of the plugin.

vinceben
03-01-14, 09:17
Going to leave it like it is for now, when I have more time I may turn fan off and keep a close eye on it. FanControl2 not compatible so not going to risk it. Thanks for the advice