PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Full backup

duoduo
17-09-13, 19:32
Hi, I would like to do a full backup of my setup so that it creates a folder (vu plus) please can someone tell me how to do it.

Larry-G
17-09-13, 20:06
Hi, I would like to do a full backup of my setup so that it creates a folder (vu plus) please can someone tell me how to do it.

Not really sure exactly what your after but you have two backup options in ViX.

backup manager

Blue button > ViX > backup manager

This allows you to create a backup of your settings, bouquets, plugins and any other file or folder you wish to include. This backup can be restored in a new flash or old image either during the FIW ( first install wizard ) or at any time via the backup manager.

You can extract this backup using 7zip to retreive files or folders if needed too.

Image manager.

Blue button > ViX > image manager.

This creates a full image backup that can be flashed from a USB stick at any time or restored via the image manager.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

duoduo
17-09-13, 20:15
Thanks Phoenix, what I want is a complete folder I.e. Vu plus folder that has the image (I can get the latest from openvix) that I can add my current settings to do in the event of my solo2 going down I can be up and running in no time or if I want to try a different image (God forbid lol) and I don't like it, I can easily get back to where I was before. So if I do a backup would I just add this backup to the latest image folder (vu plus) and put onto usb and that's it?

Larry-G
17-09-13, 20:18
The by the sounds of it a Image backup of your current setup via the Image manager should do what you need.

duoduo
17-09-13, 20:28
Would I just add that backup to the latest image folder (vu plus/solo2) and put onto usb and flash?

Larry-G
17-09-13, 20:48
The image manager creates a Full image backup, all you would need to do would be FTP into the backup folder and grab the image file then place it on the USB stick, as i also said you can flash images directly from within the ViX image manager too.

Have a read of these they may help.

How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image -
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9752-How-to-use-Backup-amp-Image-Manager-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX)

How to make a image backup using ViX 3.0
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9752-How-to-use-Backup-amp-Image-Manager-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX&p=220618&viewfull=1#post220618)

How to restore flash a image in ViX 3.0 without a USB stick ( all receivers )
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28833-How-to-restore-flash-a-image-in-ViX-3-0-without-a-USB-stick-(-all-receivers-)&p=215907&viewfull=1#post215907)

duoduo
17-09-13, 21:00
Thanks for the info, so that I can get this right in my head you install the latest image let's say I do this by usb and once complete I put my backup on a different usb and insert into usb port and all back and running. Sorry if I'm making this more difficult than it is lol..

Larry-G
17-09-13, 21:06
Thanks for the info, so that I can get this right in my head you install the latest image let's say I do this by usb and once complete I put my backup on a different usb and insert into usb port and all back and running. Sorry if I'm making this more difficult than it is lol..

not quite.

The backup ( Image backup ) is a fully functioning image it self, it can be flashed directly from a USB stick regardless of what image you have on there at the time.

Backups made from within the backup manager are not full images, this is basically a installer with all your settings and plugins that can only be restored back to a ViX 3.0.xxx series image.

duoduo
17-09-13, 22:03
Thanks for that mate, if I try a different image and don't like it, what's the quickest way to get back to my current setup (spoon feed version very welcome lol..)

Stanman
17-09-13, 22:08
Blue Button>VIX.Backup manager > create a new settings backup & also can go into image manager and do a image back up but I rarely do it.

Download latest VIX inmage, stick it on USB flash box and at the prompt select restore settings - can also click yes to plugins - you will be at the point the settings were backed up.

If you have done an online update - settings are backed up unless you click no.