PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Web Browser for VIX?

im2020
17-09-13, 14:39
Very happily set up with Vix 3.0.734 on my Vu+ Duo2. All the basics work perfectly including crossepg. FTPing no problem and openwebif delivers excellent picture to my desktop computer upstairs.

BUT is it true that I can't browse the web via VIX? I know I can via Blackhole, and as far as I remember I can also do it via the official Vu+ image.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Delagroov
17-09-13, 14:47
No thats not true...:amen:

Install Hbbtv plugin and opera browser wiil be installed

im2020
17-09-13, 15:40
Thanks Delagroov. It was well hidden away! Now installed. Am I incurring a heavy hbbtv overhead just to get the opera browser?

GAH2402
17-09-13, 20:02
Hi Guys,

Can't find HBBtv in the feeds (I had it on my Vu Duo, just changed to a Quad), can you tell me where it is?

GAH

Larry-G
17-09-13, 20:21
you can browse the web via ViX same as any other image but the question is why would you want to ?. it's a painfully laborious process to browse the web via a STB and remote control.

Larry-G
17-09-13, 20:22
Hi Guys,

Can't find HBBtv in the feeds (I had it on my Vu Duo, just changed to a Quad), can you tell me where it is?

GAH

I'm not sure if it's available for the Quad, I know the opera browser is now under licence to Vu+ and therefore can not be used on any other receiver ( unless i dreamt that bit LOL ).

GAH2402
17-09-13, 20:36
Hi Pheonix,

Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps that's why I can't find it in the feeds! I didn't really use it on my Vu Duo, but was really just trying to get my new Quad to where I was before!

GAH

im2020
17-09-13, 22:05
Hello Phoenix

Hello Phoenix - you wrote:

you can browse the web via ViX same as any other image but the question is why would you want to ?. it's a painfully laborious process to browse the web via a STB and remote control.

Here's my situation. I don't use tablets and would certainly not go near Apple crap. My laptop and my Desktop are upstairs. I'm downstairs with my TV and my STB (and my wife and others). The question crops up - who's that, what else has he/she been in or ........... Zlatan Ibrahomivich - who's he? From my couch I want to pause and google. Does that answer the question?

Larry-G
17-09-13, 22:33
Hello Phoenix

Here's my situation. I don't use tablets and would certainly not go near Apple crap. My laptop and my Desktop are upstairs. I'm downstairs with my TV and my STB (and my wife and others). The question crops up - who's that, what else has he/she been in or ........... Zlatan Ibrahomivich - who's he? From my couch I want to pause and google. Does that answer the question?

yes it answers my question rather well but as i said browsing the web via a satellite receiver and it's remote control is a very slow process but each to their own i suppose.

Rob van der Does
18-09-13, 03:56
As the GigaBlue is from German origin, I would assume HbbTV to be available. But not sure.

About the 'who is' question: you also tried the build in IMDB-plugin for that?

crosswired
23-10-14, 23:47
hi guys
topic refresh question: is there any other web browser (mean chrome etc.) which will work on ViX image (Apollo) by any chance?
Opera is not really user friendly :) btw duo2 wirking great with Logitech tk820 wireless keyboard with touchpad :) i can even use it instead of my remote
Cheers
Kris

Rob van der Does
24-10-14, 03:56
btw duo2 wirking great with Logitech tk820 wireless keyboard with touchpad :) i can even use it instead of my remote
Just to be sure: plug & play for text input?

crosswired
24-10-14, 10:45
Just to be sure: plug & play for text input?

yep, mate ... working like a charm :) my previous post was sent from the box

only problem is that is no uk keyboard layout in Opera settings but can live with it :)

Piranha
27-10-14, 12:37
Hello Phoenix

Here's my situation. I don't use tablets and would certainly not go nearN Apple crap. My laptop and my Desktop are upstairs. I'm downstairs with my TV and my STB (and my wife and others). The question crops up - who's that, what else has he/she been in or ........... Zlatan Ibrahomivich - who's he? From my couch I want to pause and google. Does that answer the question?

Try the Wikipedia plugin - you can then start it from Blue button - Wiki Event Info is also context sensitive i.e. it will launch a screen giving you a listing of Wiki entries based on the title of whatever you are watching, including any recorded movies or programmes! It is a quick way of doing what I think you want!