PDA

View Full Version : BBC One HD sets launch date

bassethound
20-10-10, 16:16
The high definition simulcast of BBC One will become available on Freesat, Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media on November 3. Channel numbers for each platform have not yet been confirmed.

The channel will air HD versions of EastEnders, Holby City and The One Show, as well as Strictly Come Dancing, Human Planet and Waterloo Road.

The BBC also plans to transition Songs Of Praise, Casualty, Match Of The Day, A Question Of Sport and Blue Peter to the higher transmission quality in the future.

The launch of BBC One HD will bring an additional channel to Freeview HD following Five HD's failure to launch on the platform before 2012.

Announcing the channel in May, head of BBC HD Danielle Nagler said: "HD is the future of television - people who have HD have clearly told us that they want more of their licence fee-funded content in HD.

"I'm delighted that the HD simulcast of BBC One will become available on satellite, on cable, and now also on Freeview's new HD service. This is a key moment for us on the journey to HD becoming the norm for all our programmes and channels."

BBC One HD will operate in addition to the existing BBC HD channel, which will also extend its regular broadcast hours from nine to 12 hours a day.

Larry-G
20-10-10, 16:20
oh crap. eastenders in high def !.

bassethound
20-10-10, 16:24
Strictly Come Dancings Bruce Forsyth in HD is even more scary

Sicilian
20-10-10, 16:24
Nice one Pat Butcher & Dot Cotton in HD ;p :roflmao:

paul362
20-10-10, 18:21
About time too why have an HD channel and not use it to broadcast the same programs anyway ??

silverfox0786
20-10-10, 23:56
glad i got a vu and put it in bedroom my wife can keep the sly hd box downstairs

notanotherone
22-10-10, 19:50
Nice one Pat Butcher & Dot Cotton in HD ;p :roflmao:

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooo scary

bassethound
22-10-10, 20:00
EastEnders is to appear on BBC One HD in the run-up to Christmas, but will transmit as upscaled SD material until December 25.