PDA

View Full Version : New User - Helped needed

m3mul
20-10-10, 13:25
Hi All

I have bought a Vu+ Duo and have no experience in linux/other sats etc. Only recently started doing work to the downstairs of my house and am awaiting internet connection etc.

I have managed to install my hdd and flashed with VTI 1.1 with little problems. Although the edges of the screen are cut off and cant seem to find anything in settings to adjust this? I assume this maybe because I am connecting via scart to an old TV. Not sure if there is a way to change this but will test via HDMI cable and new tv in bedroom.

Eventually I would like to install CCCam (will look for pointers when I have internet connection).

In the meantime I would like to install the Sky bouquets but am a little unsure on how best to do this. I gather this can be done via FTP? However, I have read that dreambox edit is needed for some things but have no pc at home only a mac. There does not seem to be a mac version/alternative? Also, since I have no internet or network setup at home either im presuming FTP isnt possible, could somebody please advise whether it is possible to update via USB or other means?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and hoping I can get to grips with this pretty quickly!

Thanks in advance!

Malachy

paul362
20-10-10, 14:23
A hello would be a nice start !

anyhow heres a link to classic ftp for mac

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/internet_utilities/classicftpformac.html

Larry-G
20-10-10, 14:53
also for the record you do not need a active internet connection to use a FTP client on your receiver.

m3mul
20-10-10, 16:58
also for the record you do not need a active internet connection to use a FTP client on your receiver.

I appreciated you do not need internet connection but I think I would need router or switch? Dont have either at the moment as I am awaiting delivery.

Larry-G
20-10-10, 17:03
no not necessarily. you should be able to connect directly from the box to your computer via the lan socket.

i do this all the time on my DM7020, DM600, and TM600's

m3mul
21-10-10, 11:13
Ah ok, dont necessarily have a LAN port on my macbook air but I can get/borrow an adaptor for the time being so will give this a try. Thanks

andyblac
22-10-10, 11:59
here try this, it is what i use :).

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3193-iDreamX-2.0.2.9b-amp-2.0.3.1b