PDA

View Full Version : PIP mode

kanwar
16-09-13, 00:05
Hi,

Can someone who has the Venton Unibox HD2 (I'm using VIX image 734) tell me more about the Picture in Picture mode?

It's actually a very neat feature and works fine except for HD channels. If I try to use a HD channel (as the secondary picture) the picture flickers constantly and is unwatchable. Is this a driver/image issue which can be resolved or is it a limitation of the hardware?

Also, how do you increase/decrease the picture in picture size, position etc?

Thanks!

Rob van der Does
16-09-13, 05:02
1- A stuttering PiP on HD-services is because the box only has on HD-capable videodecoder.
If this is important for you, you could use the PiP-servicerelation plugin. When installed you can link HD-channels to SD-services (if they transmit the same shows). On selecting an HD-service for the PiP-window the SD-version will be showing.

2- With PiP active, go to 'Move PiP (press blue --> green).

kanwar
16-09-13, 21:08
1- A stuttering PiP on HD-services is because the box only has on HD-capable videodecoder.
If this is important for you, you could use the PiP-servicerelation plugin. When installed you can link HD-channels to SD-services (if they transmit the same shows). On selecting an HD-service for the PiP-window the SD-version will be showing.

2- With PiP active, go to 'Move PiP (press blue --> green).

I don't quite understand point 1. If the box has a HD only decoder, then surely there should be no problem in making a HD channel the small one in the corner?

Can you explain further, please?

Thanks.

Rob van der Does
16-09-13, 21:16
The videodecoder is used for the main window. The PiP window does HD-channels in software (--> only I-frames).

Sicilian
17-09-13, 05:44
Same as Uno/Ultimo, PiP for SD, main viewing HD.