PDA

View Full Version : Strange noise coming from Vu+ duo

recyclebin
19-10-10, 23:23
I have a strange problem with my Vu+ duo. If I have the box on for about an hour it starts making a sort of high pitch or high frequency noise. It's not that loud but is still very annoying. The strange thing is that if I hold down a button on the remote control then the noise stops. But as soon as I release the button on the remote it makes the noise again. The box will still make the noise when I put the box in standby but stops if I put it in deep standby

Has anyone experienced this and what could be causing it? I have a hard drive installed but I don't think that it's making the noise as the hard drive isn't running.

basilyoung
19-10-10, 23:54
not had this myself, but i would first disconnect the hard drive, if no change, disconnect the cooling fan or vice versa

baz

recyclebin
22-10-10, 21:11
okay, I have tried disconnecting the fan and the hard drive but the sound persists. I removed the cover and tried to figure out where it is coming from. It appears to be coming from power supply circuit board. I have uploaded a recording of the noise on to youtube. The sound changes at about 10 seconds in when i press and hold a button on the remote.

What do you think is causing it? Should I return it before a component fails?

jusaju
22-10-10, 21:24
Hi recyclybin,

If You have recorded to Ytube give us a clue that we do not have to search everything :)

But anyway,contact Your dealer and ask to change it cause I have never heard (:)...my ears)

but also never seen written about this kind of thing anyware.

Br,

birdman99
30-10-11, 23:14
ive had his problem on uno today what could it be