PDA

View Full Version : New Duo 2

tomthebomb1968
12-09-13, 12:08
Hi guys, I have had my Duo2 now for around 10 days and to be honest I am a bit underwhelmed so far.

I have previously owned a Duo and have moved my Solo2 to the back room and setr the Duo2 up in the main living room.

The problems I am having are not crashes or anything but the box seems very slow ro react to remote control . IE I press the button and there is a definite lag from pressing to the box responding to the command.Sometimes nothing happens so i press a few times then the box reesponds to the multi presses . I thought it may be just image related but I have tried a few and its the same with all. I currently have VIX build 735 on and still the same. The box definitely dont run as good as my Solo2. Cant get the box to stream either on lan or wan with vu android app. Again it works perfect with the solo2. Begining to wish I had just got another Solo2.

Are these specific to me or are others having problems?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
12-09-13, 13:55
Yes: disble OSD in the Linux4LCD plugin.

tomthebomb1968
12-09-13, 15:46
Thanks Rob, will give that a try.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Sicilian
12-09-13, 15:55
Check what wifi drivers are installed. Menu > Plugins > Press Red to remove plugins > Remove drivers for wifi, only leave RT3070.

Also have you applied the updated VFD Firmware?

tomthebomb1968
13-09-13, 01:17
Thanks fellas, done the vfd upgrade and its responding fine to the remote now :):thumbsup:

abdell67
30-11-13, 07:44
Thanks fellas, done the vfd upgrade and its responding fine to the remote now :):thumbsup:

what's the vfd upgrade ??
is it different from the image update ??
and how to do it ??
i'm on blackhole 2.0.7.2