PDA

View Full Version : Are VIX image based on PLi or just the originalimage?

Berggren
19-10-10, 18:23
First Iīd like to say sorry if Iīm stepping over any boundaries here :rolleyes:

The reason for my question is that I really would like to have the way they use linebreaks in PLi-image on the VIX-image.
But I donīt know where to start to make it happen.
I figure since the PLi is open source you could find the section in the PLi-image for subtitles and compare it with the one in the originalimage or even in the VIXimage if possible and then merge them to have the best of two worlds?

But i donīt know how the images are constructed/built.
Are all images constructed like PLi wich you can see on their site?

Regards Berggren

OldSkulRide
19-10-10, 19:00
VIX is based on original image.

satsatsat
19-10-10, 20:43
VIX is based on original image.

wrong wrong worng.....it is fantastically based on the original :cool:

Berggren
19-10-10, 21:25
Thank you for your replies.

But does somebody know if itīs possible to have the VIXimage display subtitles in the same way as they do on the PLi-image?
Or are the to images so different that it canīt be done?

Iīd like to help to have it done but I donīt know how to contribute.

pooface
20-10-10, 13:43
Thank you for your replies.

But does somebody know if itīs possible to have the VIXimage display subtitles in the same way as they do on the PLi-image?
Or are the to images so different that it canīt be done?

Iīd like to help to have it done but I donīt know how to contribute.

I haven't had a major look in to it, as I don't use the subtitles, but I know that when andy had a quick look in to it, it was decided to leave the subs the way they are, because of the different colours to indicate when a different person is speaking...

Berggren
20-10-10, 22:31
I haven't had a major look in to it, as I don't use the subtitles, but I know that when andy had a quick look in to it, it was decided to leave the subs the way they are, because of the different colours to indicate when a different person is speaking...Yes, I heard this also. But would it be doable to have a setting that you can alter to have it the way you are used to? Somewhere in the menus for subs for exampel.
But i donīt know how much work that needs to be done to make this happen. And also you could have the option to have linebreaks instead of different colors when different people are speaking.

We are used to have the subs in the following way:

- Hi my name is Berggren!
- Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Pooface.

It makes it easier to read and follow who is actually speaking in the movie or what you are watching. But I guess that depends on what you are used to.

But I know that it would be greatly appreciated if it could be done, a lot of people here in the nordic countries would love to have this feature.

And as I said, Iīd like to help to make it possible but i donīt know where to begin in aiding you.

andyblac
21-10-10, 14:34
Yes, I heard this also. But would it be doable to have a setting that you can alter to have it the way you are used to? Somewhere in the menus for subs for exampel.
But i donīt know how much work that needs to be done to make this happen. And also you could have the option to have linebreaks instead of different colors when different people are speaking.

It makes it easier to read and follow who is actually speaking in the movie or what you are watching. But I guess that depends on what you are used to.

But I know that it would be greatly appreciated if it could be done, a lot of people here in the nordic countries would love to have this feature.

And as I said, Iīd like to help to make it possible but i donīt know where to begin in aiding you.

unfortunately, it not that easy, it has to be coded into the enigma2 source, i could do it i'm sure, but we have more pressing matters at the moment. but i promise, i will look into it when i get some spare time

Likvid
30-10-10, 12:32
Why doesn't GSUB2 work on Vu+? is there some integrity check in the plugin for DM boxes only?

andyblac
31-10-10, 00:51
Yes, I heard this also. But would it be doable to have a setting that you can alter to have it the way you are used to? Somewhere in the menus for subs for exampel.

can someone give me a channel that i can test this on ?, i have a motor setup so i should be able to get it :)

Berggren
31-10-10, 15:03
Hi Andy!

You would be able to see it on BBC knowledge on Thor satellite. Itīs on 0,8W.
And some other channels on the same satellite as well.
But you should be able to see what Iīm talking about regarding the linebreaks.

Thank you for looking into this!

andyblac
31-10-10, 19:34
Hi Andy!

You would be able to see it on BBC knowledge on Thor satellite. Itīs on 0,8W.
And some other channels on the same satellite as well.
But you should be able to see what Iīm talking about regarding the linebreaks.

Thank you for looking into this!

this channel is encrypted ?

silverfox0786
31-10-10, 19:42
can i make a small suggestion please i dont know if this is a vix thing or a vu thing but i notice sometimes the subs display at the bottom of the sceen as they should then the next person to speak it goes to the middle of the screen then the next person goes back to bottom the back to middle and there is a delay for the subs to go away. basically it fills the screen with writing and you cant watch what u are watching. the colour system i have no issues with and alsi i am not fussed with it being cenralised all iwant to suggest is it stays in either i signle line or 2 lines and stays at the bottom of the screen.

If some one can explain how to do a screen capture to me i will post it next time it happens. shouldn't be hard to see as it happens often

Berggren
31-10-10, 22:05
this channel is encrypted ?Damn, yes it probably is.
Need to find one that isnīt encrypted then. Iīll try to find one for you, but it can be hard since I believe none of the FTA are using subs.

pooface
01-11-10, 13:41
If some one can explain how to do a screen capture to me i will post it next time it happens. shouldn't be hard to see as it happens often

Telnet in to your box, and issue the command:

grab -o -p /tmp/subs.png

Then, ftp and retrieve the file from /tmp/ ... ;)

silverfox0786
01-11-10, 15:10
Hey guys this is what i mean

2882 2883

pooface
01-11-10, 15:13
Whoops, gave you wrong settings. Doesn't show the image, try it with:

grab -d -p /tmp/subs.png

This should allow us to see it with the video...

silverfox0786
01-11-10, 15:42
here we go again you can see what i mean by the subs raising up to mid screen and no disapearing quick enough

2887 2886 2889 2885 2888 2884

Stanman
01-11-10, 19:07
Biggest mistake of the beeb to cancel LOSW

Hakon
21-11-10, 08:46
this channel is encrypted ?
Dosn't matter if the channel is encrypted, you will be able to see the subs on a black screen.

regarto
19-12-10, 10:50

unfortunately, it not that easy, it has to be coded into the enigma2 source, i could do it i'm sure, but we have more pressing matters at the moment. but i promise, i will look into it when i get some spare time
Most appreciated this will be looked into. A better subtitle solution will be a big step forward for nordic users.