PDA

View Full Version : New Skin is it compatible

duoduo
12-09-13, 10:10
Hi

I have just seen this new skin on the OpenPLi forum and think it looks really cool so would like it. Before I install could one of the Mods please tell me if it would be compatible with Vix? I only watch 28.2E.

Rob van der Does
12-09-13, 10:34
Best way is to try it yourself (and tell us). Make a backup of your box and experimenting is free for all.

Several ViX-specific screens won't be available in the skin; the screens from the skin-default will be used then.

duoduo
12-09-13, 11:13
Ok thanks Rob, I will try it when i get home later and post how it goes.

Rob van der Does
12-09-13, 11:19
Best way is to try it yourself (and tell us).
Having said that: I just tried myself and I didn't encounter any problem. Skin seems to be fine and mature.

duoduo
12-09-13, 11:39
great thanks for that, in your opinion a nice looking skin then? Did the picons work ok as I noticed on the jpegs attached that it showed 2 seperate picons on the info bar or what looked like 2 different picons?

Rob van der Does
12-09-13, 12:02
'looking nice' is a matter of taste: you really should answer the question for yourself.

And regarding icons etc: I'll leave something to discover for you tonight :p

Rob van der Does
12-09-13, 12:27
I added the skin to the feeds: should be available after next build (i.e. 736 or above).

duoduo
12-09-13, 19:17
I put the ipk file on fat32 usb, installed Ok but now I can't find the skin. Looked in skin settings but not there, anyone any ideas?

Larry-G
12-09-13, 19:20
I put the ipk file on fat32 usb, installed Ok but now I can't find the skin. Looked in skin settings but not there, anyone any ideas?

Have you rebooted the receiver since installing the skin ??.

duoduo
12-09-13, 19:22
Yes tried that after I couldn't find it mate

Larry-G
12-09-13, 19:25
Give me a second i'll try it one one of my boxes now.

Larry-G
12-09-13, 19:36
ok i tried to install via /tmp/ but ran into a few errors so forced it to install with the following command in telnet

opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/enigma2-plugin-skin-blue-shadow-galaxy-_mod-by-mamba65_all.ipk but this put the box into a bootloop ( did not crash but keeps loading upto 100 percent then jumps back to 54 over and over again ).

now going to need to reflash to put it rite lol.

duoduo
12-09-13, 19:52
Sorry mate, I will leave till it hits the feeds in the next update.

Larry-G
12-09-13, 19:57

LMAO dont worry bud, i can reflash my receiver and be fully up and running in less that 10 minutes ( i must have flashed my various boxes easily 2000 times by now ).

Rob van der Does
12-09-13, 20:13
Skin is in skin setup. At least: all worked fine here.

duoduo
12-09-13, 20:45
Not there for me Rob, very strange how all three of us have had different results lol..

Rob van der Does
12-09-13, 20:54
I confirm the issues Pheonix reported, but (at least in my case) they were cosmetic and all seems to be working fine.
Well, when the skin is on the feeds there will be more reports I'm afraid :whistle:

Trial
12-09-13, 21:18
Hi,

donīt worry. If we are good in one thing then it is flashing boxes:-)

btw. I hope you make image backups on a regularly basis.

ciao

Larry-G
12-09-13, 21:20
Hi,

ciao

yeah you got that one rite.

duoduo
12-09-13, 22:02
Hi,

ciao

Every time I update software mate

duoduo
15-09-13, 13:24
Really need some help guys, not sure if it's because I have updated from 735 to 739 or because I dl this skin from feeds but my box has gone into meltdown. I cant ftp to it has its not showing on network, it loads up and is stuck on winter screen. I have tried to reflash with version 735 it starts to read the USB and then erases then starts asks to press power button then just keeps doing the same, please help..

Larry-G
15-09-13, 13:28
1. power the receiver down by the rear rocker switch.
2. make a cuppa and maybe have a bit to eat ( any thing to calm your self down ).
3. wait say 5 minutes then try a full fresh flash to any build of your choice and let us know the results.

duoduo
15-09-13, 13:29
Thanks for the advice, you know exactly how I'm feeling lol..

Larry-G
15-09-13, 13:32
Thanks for the advice, you know exactly how I'm feeling lol..

Been there many times and had to stop my self from putting a series of 12 gauge holes through various boxes, so yup i know where your coming from mate, but dont fret we'll help as much as we can.

duoduo
15-09-13, 13:41
Cheers buddy, got to nip out so will leave it off completely until I get back.

duoduo
15-09-13, 16:25
Ok, Im back now thanks for any help you can give guys. I can now FTP into the Solo2, the receiver still wont start so im guessing any way of having success with this is down to being able to now access the box.

Please can you help with steps to take.

Silent
15-09-13, 16:37
Which build did you flash? Might be trying one a few versions old just in case.

duoduo
15-09-13, 16:40
tried 735 but just not happening for me? The tv is just showing the vix screen every now and again the vix spins in the top left hand corner. Managed to connect to the box and can see my back ups but not sure what I need to do to set that to begin on start up so any advice is very much welcome.

Silent
15-09-13, 16:43
Grab an image backup from a week ago, hopefully you have an imagine backup rather than just a setting backup.

The image backup is just like flashing, put it on the USB and off you go.

judge
15-09-13, 16:43
FTP into the box & delete the skin.
It will be in /usr/share/enigma2/

The box will then boot into the default skin.

Stanman
15-09-13, 16:44
backup image?
pull them to your pc. extract the file and ftp the flash folder to your sub or root of HDD. power down and turn off / on from the rocker switch.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

duoduo
15-09-13, 16:46
its not showing in there judge, only skin in there is the Army bluemood one that I use, to be fair when installed it by usb a few days ago it didnt show then either. Could it have saved itself somewhere else instead?

duoduo
15-09-13, 16:49
it has just come back on all of a sudden, not sure how or why but it has. Looked at info and is showing 739 version. Now i really need to get this skin off my system does anyone have any idea where it could have located itself?

duoduo
15-09-13, 17:26
Latest logs attached, there must have been over 100 registered today (far too many to post) so I have listed 4 crash logs and 4 debug logs hopefully these will help show where my issue came from.

judge
15-09-13, 17:38
adding font /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/digi.ttf...FATAL: failed: Operation not permitted

I'd try removing MetrixHD.

duoduo
15-09-13, 18:02
Yes i have, strangely enough I did this and the box started after all my issues, maybe a coincidence that you have said to remove it or is there something you have seen from my logs?

Ok just noticed your post again, sorry for being a dumb ass lol.. Do you think this was the reason for the box issues earlier? I thought it was the skin in the OP

judge
15-09-13, 18:13
probably...

westentertainer
16-09-13, 17:39
mine states cannot install already added in the package ,but i can not find it any help please

Rob van der Does
16-09-13, 18:24
Did you de-install it? If not: do so.