PDA

View Full Version : Can't access plugins download

Burnham
11-09-13, 23:27
I only recently loaded the latest OpenViX image onto my VU+ Duo after keeping the original v2.2 image on it for two years.

Three days ago when I first loaded the image I was able to access plugins to download. All I get now is the message "Sorry feeds are down for maintenance" - and I have been getting the message for the past 48 hours. I get the same message when I check for software update in the menu.

It is true that the server has been down for 48 hours, or have I done something by accident that is preventing my box from gaining access. My internet is working as it should.

Larry-G
11-09-13, 23:43
nope the feeds are stable as can be seen by the green icon here

http://openvix.co.uk/

Rob van der Does
12-09-13, 04:59
Please delete all the files from /var/lib/opkg/lists and try again.

Burnham
12-09-13, 08:16
Thanks for the advice, but I did not need to do anything special.

At 23:00 BST Wednesday evening, no access - at 07:00 BST Thursday morning got immediate access.

duoduo
12-09-13, 09:40
I had the same problem last week and I found that the issue was due to my internet connection, perhaps you had similar issues with your isp.

Burnham
13-09-13, 15:08
Problem returned from yesterday evening. All I have got for the past 18 hours is the "Sorry feeds are down for maintenance" message. Note what I said above - it was working ok for about 12 hours on Thursday.

I took the advice above I deleted all the files in /var/lib/opkg/lists (I did not delete the lists folder) - I then did a restart & tried to download plugins still the same message.

My internet is working 100%. Whenever I access the box by any method - caminfo - FTP - Openwebif - I always get in straight away.

Any help appreciated.

duoduo
13-09-13, 15:24
Can you access the forum Ok by using your router wifi? Who is your isp?

Rob van der Does
13-09-13, 15:34
Please see if rebooting the router helps.

BubbleBalls
13-09-13, 15:49
Maybe the Aidra virus?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=27477
Tapatalker

Burnham
14-09-13, 14:41
Tested my net connection with the ondemand plugin. Watched a program for an hour and there were no interruptions at all. This problem can't be internet related, it must be a problem in the image.

Thanks for the link to the previous thread where someone also had the "feeds are down" message. That thread concluded that the fix appeared to be connected with the wget file. I can't find a wget file in my /usr/bin/ folder - does anyone know where is the wget file in current images?

Burnham
15-09-13, 14:20
This issue has moved on slightly. I am now getting a different message - it says

.................sorry feeds seem to be in unstable state.to use enable 'allow unstable updates' - that does not sound like a sensible thing to do!

Would appreciate if someone knows where the wget file is to be found so I could try that solution.

smart1
15-09-13, 15:58
Hi,

In my gigablue quad with vix build 738 i find a sym link of wget in /usr/bin to /bin/busybox
then wget command open busybox i think.

BubbleBalls
18-09-13, 11:04
This issue has moved on slightly. I am now getting a different message - it says

.................sorry feeds seem to be in unstable state.to use enable 'allow unstable updates' - that does not sound like a sensible thing to do!

Would appreciate if someone knows where the wget file is to be found so I could try that solution.

If you can't find the whet then you have the virus. I reset router (restart was all that was required I think) and fresh flashed the image. Then added password to my box. No issues since.

Tapatalker

BubbleBalls
18-09-13, 11:06

If you can't find wget then you have the virus. Fresh flash VIX (no back up, I think - check thread) and power cycle your modem/router. Then set a password for your box.

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
18-09-13, 11:16
If you can't find wget then you have the virus.
If so, you should be able to find '-wget'.

Burnham
18-09-13, 14:05
Thanks for all the help. For information both my VU+ & router are password protected (not the default password).

I have now moved on to testing another image - don't worry ViX fans, that image is poor, and it won't stay on my Duo for long. But with that non-ViX image I have had no problem to access their server to download their plugins, and (knowing the problem I had with ViX) I've been testing access to their server quite frequently over the past few days.

It appears that this "Aidra virus" does not affect the image I'm testing now.

Rob van der Does
18-09-13, 14:08
LOL: if you flash the box, any virus will be gone as well ......

Larry-G
18-09-13, 16:13

That's because you reflashed the image and therfore wiped the virus from the machine. Also power down the router to clear it from there too or it will come back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

craig37
18-09-13, 16:24
Not to be daft ... BUT :rolleyes:....! I've always had to enable "unstable feeds" on my solo 2 or I can't download plugins... Main menu/ setup/ system/ software up date and the unstable feed will be set to NO in that menu ?

Larry-G
18-09-13, 17:11
Not to be daft ... BUT :rolleyes:....! I've always had to enable "unstable feeds" on my solo 2 or I can't download plugins... Main menu/ setup/ system/ software up date and the unstable feed will be set to NO in that menu ?

Thats only for when the image is set to unstable.

Burnham
21-09-13, 22:13
Still not clear what you are saying.

This non-ViX image I am using now is unaffected by any virus, and has been clean for about seven days. You say that is because flashing the different image purged the virus from the VU+.

Yet when I loaded ViX from scratch that would have also purged the virus (is that correct?) - yet I got the "Sorry feeds are down for maintenance" problem within 24 hours of loading ViX.

A simple conclusion from the above circumstances is that the ViX image is affected by the Aidra virus, but that this other image I am testing is not affected by the Aidra virus.

Larry-G
21-09-13, 22:25
Still not clear what you are saying.

This non-ViX image I am using now is unaffected by any virus, and has been clean for about seven days. You say that is because flashing the different image purged the virus from the VU+.

Yet when I loaded ViX from scratch that would have also purged the virus (is that correct?) - yet I got the "Sorry feeds are down for maintenance" problem within 24 hours of loading ViX.

A simple conclusion from the above circumstances is that the ViX image is affected by the Aidra virus, but that this other image I am testing is not affected by the Aidra virus.

The virus is likely embedded in your router, you need to purge it from there too.

Burnham
22-09-13, 20:26
We are going round in circles - I am making a statement to which there is no answer. All I asking is that you confirm my own experience; that this virus only affects the ViX image - you seem to find it impossible to say yes.

But thanks for taking the trouble to answer - thread closed I think.

Larry-G
22-09-13, 20:34
We are going round in circles - I am making a statement to which there is no answer. All I asking is that you confirm my own experience; that this virus only affects the ViX image - you seem to find it impossible to say yes.

But thanks for taking the trouble to answer - thread closed I think.

no that particular virus does not only affect ViX it's a linux based virus that was around long before ViX was even created. ViX uses a unique update method which this Virus seems particularly suitable at disabling. personally i have 9 receivers in operation some for 2 plus years and never once have i had such a issue, but then again i dont just blindly forward ports without knowing what there for.

Rob van der Does
22-09-13, 21:01
If you would have read

http://vierko.org/tech/lightaidra-0x2012/
You would have learned that this has nothing to do with ViX.