PDA

View Full Version : VU+DUO2 Tuners Overheating

merryjerry
11-09-13, 21:34
Hi, i bought a VU+DUO2 reciever with 2x Twin DVB-S2 Tuners from world-of-satellite recently but the 4 connectors round the back are red hot to touch and i'd like to know if this is normal please.I've also got problems with the built in WLAN where i can only connect to WEP or disabled security and get a message "can NOT generate a passphrase" when i try to connect to WPA2 Personal.I have this problem using the latest version of Vix and Blackhole.

Sicilian
12-09-13, 05:26
The dual tuners do get warm/hot, they are not overheating, this is normal. Red hot to touch is an exaggeration.

Regards Wifi, check your wifi settings on your router. What is it set too?

Rob van der Does
12-09-13, 06:04
Well, tbh: several people actually measured the temperature on the coax plugs, and it turned out to be over 60 degrees. That is indeed too hot to touch .....

Sicilian
12-09-13, 06:07
Well, tbh: several people actually measured the temperature on the coax plugs, and it turned out to be over 60 degrees. That is indeed too hot to touch .....

So are many others and many are hotter.

merryjerry
12-09-13, 08:26
The dual tuners do get warm/hot, they are not overheating, this is normal. Red hot to touch is an exaggeration.

Regards Wifi, check your wifi settings on your router. What is it set too?
Thanks for the replies guys,i'm relieved that it's normal for the tuners to get hot.The router that i'm using is a Linxsys WRT54GS WPA2 Personal security and have 4 Game consoles connected wirelessly, WII,WIIU,PS3 and 3DS.

deltec
08-09-22, 18:46
Mine is very hot and the pic is going off the free view bcc1etc I’ll start switching off at night

deltec
08-09-22, 19:00
What do u guy do to keep them cool

bellejt
08-09-22, 19:24
here they have 45 degrees on coax and never more. Box ventilo turns at 1600 and internal temp is not higher then 42 degrees.Measurat with all 4 tuners in use

Huevos
09-09-22, 22:32
What do u guy do to keep them coolPut them in the freezer.

cactikid
10-09-22, 20:48
Dare i ask if there are still fan settings to adjust on box and box is well vented.
Extra fan to suck or blow air into box via usb?