PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] random picture freezing

edogg
11-09-13, 17:57
Vu +duo vix 3.0.735 drivers 04-09-2013
since updating I have been suffering from random picture freezing and the remote becomes unresponsive needing to reboot to cure

Larry-G
11-09-13, 18:02
Ideally we also need debug logs to go along with such reports.

edogg
11-09-13, 18:14
Ideally we also need debug logs to go along with such reports.
sorry I have lost the debug reports for this time but I sent some a few days ago from the duo

Larry-G
11-09-13, 18:18
The logs manager is currently broken so if you manage to generate any more please upload them here, i'll power my Duo up sometime tomorrow and see if i can replicate but i have not seen this on either my Solo2 or Ultimo.

edogg
11-09-13, 18:23
The logs manager is currently broken so if you manage to generate any more please upload them here, i'll power my Duo up sometime tomorrow and see if i can replicate but i have not seen this on either my Solo2 or Ultimo.
the problem occurs after about 5-6 hours of viewing on any channel even the bbc hd froze today

Larry-G
11-09-13, 18:28
My ultimo is powered on from 07:00 to 23:00 every day of the week and i have not seen any freezing there, but i'll have a look at my duo in the morning after work.

edogg
12-09-13, 17:28
ok this got so annoying i have flashed with build 668 and updated the drivers, with no settings restored since doing this I have had no freezing fingers crossed it stays that way

Sicilian
13-09-13, 06:12
ok this got so annoying i have flashed with build 668 and updated the drivers, with no settings restored since doing this I have had no freezing fingers crossed it stays that way

Would have been better to reflash 735 with no backup restore.

Rob van der Does
13-09-13, 06:34

Would have been better to reflash 735 with no backup restore.
Indeed: I cetainly would have done that.

edogg
13-09-13, 09:48
well so far so good with image 668 what is better about 735 please. I found the countdown on booting annoying and No advantage over the 668 image

Rob van der Does
13-09-13, 10:07
There have been numerous updates and fixes since then. But of course, it's your choice not to profit from them.

And you're really watching the VFD during boot? I can' imagine that to be fun, no matter what is being displayed :confused:

Larry-G
13-09-13, 10:56
Read the change logs for details on what has changed in the image on a build by build basis.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

edogg
13-09-13, 11:11
Thanks but I am not technically minded. I dont understand what the change logs mean can someone enlighten me in plain language what the improvements are as, I have not noticed anything

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Rob van der Does
13-09-13, 12:10
Nope, sorry, that would be a major job on top of all the work we do already.
If you don't understand the logs, just trust us and be up-to-date. After all we don't improve functionality and fix bugs for nothing.

BubbleBalls
13-09-13, 12:28
I avoided the change logs initially as they just seemed to be line after line after line after line. However, once you do choose to look at them they are ordered very well - headings at the start of each line show what manufacture/box the line refers to - then a brief description follows.

A quick scan through the list will show if the changes effect your box - look for Vu or Duo (or whatever make/model you have)

You don't need to be technically minded to understand most (though some baffles me) of what is written in the logs.

Tapatalker

edogg
13-09-13, 12:29
Well the picture has never froze with 668 but it froze at irregular intervals on 735

Larry-G
13-09-13, 13:07
Well the picture has never froze with 668 but it froze at irregular intervals on 735

I still can not replicate this with any of my 8 receivers including two Duo's on build 735, so we really are going to need debug logs from you if we ever hope to find out whats going on.

edogg
14-09-13, 12:53
And you're really watching the VFD during boot? I can' imagine that to be fun, no matter what is being displayed :confused:

I watch the vfd because even though my duo is a newish model ( purchased from wos this year)the vfd sometimes displays rubbish and sometimes the boot stops at "starting" and then the remote is non functional and I have to reboot from the mains switch

BubbleBalls
18-09-13, 11:20
Stuck at startup was an issue for me in the past. There were a couple of factors affecting me.
My Duo suffers from memory leak. I use a USB tuner. Crossepg would sometimes lock the box. USB channels would lock the box. Hard reset would only work if all connections were removed.

Now it is rock solid. Cacheflush is installed. Swap File X 96 is set up. Brand new USB tuner added (old one was second hand and faulty (my bad for trying to save a few quid))
Duo is not perfect but can be great if root cause is found. Over a year there have been no real issues with the image - all issues have been related to my setup/lost mounts/my router etc.
I was on the verge if selling the duo but it now does exactly what I expected of it to begin with.

Tapatalker