PDA

View Full Version : gb quad and 1.8m channel master motor setup

M4NIK
09-09-13, 22:14
hi I am about to swap out my 1.8m cm ez/el fixed for the came dish but motored by a 36v actuator
does any one have a run down of what will need
as this is my first attempt to setup non usal
the motor is already fixed to the dish
so am I right in thinking I need a separate vbox to power the motor, and also a wire feed from the vbox to the motor
once installed do I set he vbox to 0.8w to get my dew south and position the dish to that sat
and then the motor will find the rest of the sats
please let me know if im going in the wrong direction

Alec
09-09-13, 23:18
hi I am about to swap out my 1.8m cm ez/el fixed for the came dish but motored by a 36v actuator
does any one have a run down of what will need
as this is my first attempt to setup non usal
the motor is already fixed to the dish
so am I right in thinking I need a separate vbox to power the motor, and also a wire feed from the vbox to the motor
once installed do I set he vbox to 0.8w to get my dew south and position the dish to that sat
and then the motor will find the rest of the sats
please let me know if im going in the wrong direction
Basically the setup of the dish is just the same, only you give the Sat's fixed position in the receiver, and number each one. As you write correctly you need a Vbox as described. If you dish is set correctly it does not matter which sat you used in you arc, but It is easier if you start numbering from one end to another. I starting 004 on Astra2 and Astra 1 is 013 , Hotbird 017, and 0.8 is 021. Fine tune with the Vbox and save