PDA

View Full Version : XEPG ERROR? Open tv

mark T
09-09-13, 16:26
My stb crashed yesterday and the Rytec epg didnt reload itself. When this happens I normally download open tv then rytec and that works. When I went to do a opentv download it goes through nearly all the process then the screen says it cannot open epg.dat. and rytec is not giving me a full epg on 28. What does this mean and how do I mend it. Thanks

Larry-G
09-09-13, 16:41
My stb crashed yesterday and the Rytec epg didnt reload itself. When this happens I normally download open tv then rytec and that works. When I went to do a opentv download it goes through nearly all the process then the screen says it cannot open epg.dat. and rytec is not giving me a full epg on 28. What does this mean and how do I mend it. Thanks

I would start a telnet session then kill enigma with the init 4 command.

Then FTP into the receiver and delete the existing EPG.dat file. Once that's done use the init 3 command in telnet to reboot enigma and try the download again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

pooface
09-09-13, 16:59
I would start a telnet session then kill enigma with the init 4 command.

Then FTP into the receiver and delete the existing EPG.dat file. Once that's done use the init 3 command in telnet to reboot enigma and try the download again.

I would do the same as well, but, at the same time, I would remove the crossepg folder as well. So, depending on whether you're at /media/usb, or /media/hdd, perform the following:

init 4
rm /media/xxx/epg.dat
rm -r /media/xxx/crossepg/
init 3

Also, what are you doing opentv and xpegdb (I assume this is what you're using for rytec?) for? Are you using both for 28.2??? If so, just use the opentv. If to get other providers as well as 28.2, then ignore my comment ;)

mark T
09-09-13, 17:15
Thanks for all the advice but im not sure how to do any of what you have advised. I shall have to try playing around with it

Larry-G
09-09-13, 17:24
Telnet is a easy enough process once you get your head around it. I prefer to use the default telnet client built into windows 7 but a lot of people prefer to use a third party program such as putty. as for FTP again you have a choice of applications I prefer to use a paid for version of FlashFXP where as a lot of people prefer to use the equally good free filezilla FTP client.

If you want help using any of the methods available just ask and some one will help you.

mark T
09-09-13, 18:50
Thanks again, but im lost with all you said. Imeven lost by the letters FTP. I shall be asking a lot of questions

Larry-G
10-09-13, 16:02
I shall be asking a lot of questions

That's why we're here, so ask away.

mark T
11-09-13, 17:46
Thanks again for your help, but i dont know even know where to start or what to look for. Ive managed to get Rytec working on about 50% of the 28deg channels so that will have to do. Maybe I started using this system to late in life and I just dont know enough about it. Thanks again

mark T
13-09-13, 09:14
Hi, again, more questions im affraid. I have just managed to flash the stb with BH2.0.4 but I had to have somebody else to put in the CCcam and other addons as I didnt have a clue what i was doing. 1, In the back up menu I tried to save my epg but it said no epg found although it shows on the tv, 2, also i noticed that there are Bh back ups. What Im asking is there a way I can save all my setting in the stb ie CCcam, ip address etc so that if I do change the image again then the setting would be saved and would be working automatically.3, Also what are EMU's as I have been suspended for 1 week by another forum for asking questions. I dont know what they are excep for a bird that cant fly. Thanks for you help

mark T
13-09-13, 09:14
Hi, again, more questions im affraid. I have just managed to flash the stb with BH2.0.4 but I had to have somebody else to put in the CCcam and other addons as I didnt have a clue what i was doing. 1, In the back up menu I tried to save my epg but it said no epg found although it shows on the tv, 2, also i noticed that there are Bh back ups. What Im asking is there a way I can save all my setting in the stb ie CCcam, ip address etc so that if I do change the image again then the setting would be saved and would be working automatically.3, Also what are EMU's as I have been suspended for 1 week by another forum for asking questions. I dont know what they are excep for a bird that cant fly. Thanks for you hel