PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] CrossEPG on 4D default image. Technomate TM-2T. PICONs help please - newbie

JenBell
09-09-13, 14:31
Hello Peeps - first post,

I have a technomate tm-2t with 4D image. Can someone please tell me which picon pack I should download for Sky 28.2 that has international icons as well for channels like ARY, Geo News, B4U - basically the Indian Asian channels? Prefer HD ones if they are available.

In the 4D menu system I can see quite a big list of icons but have no idea which one I should download. They have East sets and West sets. No idea what I am suppose to download.

Thank you very much!

J

TK4|2|1
09-09-13, 15:06
1 that says 28 east.
As for the channels you want Picons for you'll just have to try them and see.
When you download them, don't store them on hdd, use a USB flash drive.

Sent from my iThing using sorcery and the magic interweb.

Larry-G
09-09-13, 15:27
I have no experience with the 4D image but I would recomend you try the ViX image as is my opinion it has the single best EPG outside a official sky box.

As for picons as mentioned above, put these on a USB stick and not a HDD, otherwise the HDD will have to spin up on every channel change putting as much as five seconds onto the zap time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

abu baniaz
09-09-13, 17:16
The 2T has lots of memory, put picon folder on internal memory.

JenBell
09-09-13, 23:31
Guys, thank you very much for the advice so far. USB Key. NP. What size would be ideal? I am thinking 4GB USB 2.0 should be enough? Also more importantly, how do you configure the box / OS to actually place the picons in the right place - as in the USB stick? Also, should I be using the USB stick for EPG as well or the HDD? Had no idea about the slow down issue.

(Learning all the time:-)

judge
09-09-13, 23:33
No need for a USB stick if you have internal HDD.
Save EPG there & put the picons in the root of flash.

TK4|2|1
10-09-13, 07:04
Guys, thank you very much for the advice so far. USB Key. NP. What size would be ideal? I am thinking 4GB USB 2.0 should be enough? Also more importantly, how do you configure the box / OS to actually place the picons in the right place - as in the USB stick? Also, should I be using the USB stick for EPG as well or the HDD? Had no idea about the slow down issue.

(Learning all the time:-)

Get the USB setup, really easy, just plug it in, vix will do the rest. When you download plugins it will ask you where you want to store them.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

JenBell
10-09-13, 15:44
Guys...a lot of conflicting but valid info. I understand the HDD having to spin-up each time you view the EPG. I also understand the TM-2T has enough memory to hold all this. I will go down the route of USB stick.

I tried opevix but you have to install everything manually. I could not even get into the plugin menu. 4D seems easier to use. Hopefully I can good skin for the EPG to make it look all pretty. Any advice on a good skin would be great.

abu baniaz
10-09-13, 19:53
That is not correct. Storage medium is not accessed every time you access epg. Access is during load/save and bootup. Epg data is held in RAM.

For picons, the storage medium is accessed on every need to show them. In order of preference, internal memory, usb flash, hdd. If hdd is used for constant time shift, then spin up time is eliminated.

On Vix, you cannot download cams from receiver. They are on the openvix download section. You will have to source your own config files. Save them from 4d image.

If the plugin feed is unstable, you can install most plugins by allowing unstable updates.