PDA

View Full Version : VU not switching on

bartjunited
09-09-13, 13:23
Hi All

I have had intermittent problems with my VU Solo where it does not switch on and the red light just stays on.

I have to then turn it off from the mains & back on & then it works.

I have just updated to the latest software version.

Has anyone else had similar problems.

Btw I am using a swap file of 96Mb if that helps.

Regards

Bart

satmanbasil
10-09-13, 15:27
Hi

Had no problems with latest build of vix image on the solo do you go to deep standby ? if so try putting in standby instead.
Rather than power off at the mains plug why not use the reset button at the back less likely to blow a cap by doing so.

bartjunited
16-09-13, 08:55
i dont use any power options on this so it just goes into normal standby
I am also using the latest vix image.
and i dont think my solo has a reset at the back..........at least I couldnt find one.

any other ideas as this happened again this morning :-(

satmanbasil
03-10-13, 00:19
Hi

Should on the rear be a small pin button that resets the receiver if you dont have this i would suggest you do a google search to find out if you have a clone box, if thats the case we cannot help you any further on this forum.

Mr. Mister
03-10-13, 00:53
Clones still have the little black reset button..

Its a long time since i have seen a Solo.. But as far as i remember the button is just to the right of the scart connection as your looking at the front of the Solo..

Its very small.. and only the size of a pin head..

cactikid
06-10-13, 17:56
yes same on mine about three times in last week,solo does not come with on/off button ,just checked manual it says 4 lol reset button in between scart and hdmi,i never wanted to press this button in case it did a factory reset:eek::D

bartjunited
11-10-13, 11:47
i have a genuine box but cant get to the back of it anyway with the way it is set up

I have attached a crash log for when this last happened on the 4th of October.

what has happened over the last few days this week is that the box has turned itself on overnight and I have checked there are no power timers set.
the box today has actually rebooted itself as i lost the epg settings.

please let me know what you think i should do

thanks

Bart

bartjunited
25-11-13, 16:49
I think I have managed to resolve this issue (touch wood) :-)

As suggested on the forum I moved Crossepg to a usb stick and also moved Picons.
I had to update my build in order to get the USB stick to work correctly.

I think what was happening is that sometimes overnight the box was trying to download crossepg at 1am (time I'd set) and it was not downloading correctly. As a result the box was then not responding and then in the morning it wouldnt turn on.

Now on build 780 (yes i havent updated further) with a 8g usb stick in the front and picons and cross epg on the usb I have not had this issue.

Thanks to everyone for all their help. It was really a pain in the butt when it wouldnt start up