PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Network connection failing.

king9fisher
09-09-13, 12:14
Recently installed the latest build 734 on a new TM Twin OE and network connection keeps failing when I try both the network connection wizard and also when I put an IP address in directly. I know that this link does work as before I upgrade to the VIX image the connection over my ethernet lan was fine to the OpenPLi image.

Any suggestions of where to look?

The receiver is connected directly to a gigabit switch which is connected directly to a Fritzbox router.

Larry-G
09-09-13, 12:49
Try bypassing the switch just to rule this out.

king9fisher
09-09-13, 13:14
Well that's weird. On the test, I now get IP address "confirmed" but Name server as "unconfirmed". Beats me how removing a simple switch could have changed that but there you go... one step closer.

Any ideas why I am still getting Name server as "unconfirmed"? Just fyi, I have tried putting in my routers IP address for that as well as the IP address for the DNS server provided as part of the config data when I setup the router, i.e. the DNS server on the internet....

Larry-G
09-09-13, 13:17
Try rebooting both the router and the receiver see if that makes a difference.

stick50jr
09-09-13, 14:33
Vu+Duo on build 734: I have noticed that the connection drops out regularly. It is usually sufficient to 'restart network' to get things going again.

Using DHCP. The other nodes on this wlan do not drop out. It used to work reliably a few months ago but this may be an incompatibility between the usb wifi dongle's driver with other changes to firmware and/or Vix. I haven't put much time into debugging this as my plan is to return to 'wired' connection fairly soon.

The above is not directly relevant to your situation, but this is just FYI.

king9fisher
09-09-13, 15:29
Pheonix - clearly you are either a wizard or just very very experienced.... it now works. Thanks.

Larry-G
09-09-13, 15:43
Pheonix - clearly you are either a wizard or just very very experienced.... it now works. Thanks.

Its just a process of elimination mate. Take it one step at a time and eventually you will get to the route cause. Any hoo im well chuffed you managed to get things sorted, well done.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2